Chapter 4

(Max's POV)

I woke up and tried going in different positions on my bunk. When that didn't work, I decided to walk around the camp a little bit. I decided to go straight into the forest. It's a dumb decision, but hey, we're practically surrounded by forest. 

I looked up at the sky and stars. Who knew that the night was so silent? It was a little eerie, but I ran with that. At least there was nobody trying to annoy the living fuck outta me even though I wished Nikki was out here. Weird. Am I actually starting to like Nikki or am I just being a little too friendly?

I continued walking in the forest until I saw Nikki lying on the ground. I didn't know if she was sleeping or not. As I went over her to wake her up, I heard some moaning. I looked over at her and she had a black eye, 2 bruises on her stomach, a bloody mouth and some bruises on her arm.

"Did ya fall out of a tall tree?" I asked her. Then I heard her crying quietly. Nikki didn't usually cry, but that just made it all the more frightening and mysterious. I had no idea what had happened.

"The Flower Scouts," She spoke between sobs. "They..."

"I know what you'll say," I comforted her. Then a deep anger started building up in my stomach. That anger soon boiled in my belly. I wasn't mad. I was livid. And surprisingly, it wasn't towards David. 

I knew that the Flower Scouts were complete bitches, but I didn't know they were capable of doing something like this. Wait, who am I kidding? They're stuck up cunts. I should've expected someone to get beaten up by them. 

But why Nikki? Sure, they hated each other but Nikki hadn't done anything to infuriate them. In fact, Nikki did everything humanly possible to stay away from the Flower Scouts.

"Hopefully Neil is awake," I sighed as I helped Nikki to her feet. I then walked her back to the camp and woke Neil up.

"Do you know what time it is?" Neil groaned while turning on the light.

"It's Nikki," I sharply replied. "She's got bruises and all sorts of nasty shit on her."

"Who did this?" Neil asked.

"Nikki told me that the Flower Scouts beat her up," I replied. He then started doing stuff in order to numb her pain. When he was done, I walked Nikki to her bunk. 

 But then she turned to me. "Thank you." She came up to my cheek and kissed it.

I blushed a little bit, but it wasn't very obvious.

"They shouldn't have beaten you up like that," I muttered. "You could've been in a coma or worse."

"We should get to sleep now," Nikki sighed as she went back to her bunk.

I walked back to my bunk and just lied down, thinking. I then broke the silence by talking to Neil.

"We need some sort of revenge," I spoke as I gritted my teeth in anger.

"We'll get them bro," Neil replied. "We just need to rest and think about all this in the morning. This madness already caused us a lot of trouble for a few minutes."

He was right. I needed rest if I wanted to exact my revenge on the Flower Scouts.