Feelings

It's been maybe a week since Nicole and I had our first kiss. Gus hasn't said anything about it, except to ask if we were together. To be completely honest, I don't know if we are. I mean, sure, we like to sneak off to make out during school and stuff, but we haven't had that conversation yet. I don't even know if that should even be a conversation for us to have. Like, how do things work with lesbian couples? Not that it should work any differently...

I don't know, guys, I'm new at this, okay?

My bedroom door opened and Gus stepped into my room.

"Nicole's here," Gus said.
"Oh, no!" I exclaimed, jumping up to get ready. I had woken up late, and didn't realize what time it was.
Gus sighed. "You're not ready yet?"
"Sorry, Gus, I woke up kinda late..."
"It's fine, just hurry up. Don't keep that poor girl waiting," Gus told me.

I nodded and she left the room, leaving me to get ready. I went into the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth before I got dressed, putting on my favorite high-waisted jeans, a tank top, and a white button-down shirt that had flowers on it. I tucked in the tank top and button-down before sitting down to pull my boots on. I put my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my school bag before rushing downstairs and grabbing my jacket and scarf. I didn't bother to put makeup on because I didn't have time, so I just put my jacket on and kissed Gus and Curtis goodbye before running outside.

"Have a good day!" Gus shouted after me.
"Bye!" I called back. 

I ran out to Nicole's car and got into the passenger seat. 

Nicole smiled immediately. "Hey," she greeted.
I smiled at her. "Hey, you," I responded. I leaned forward and kissed her, my heart pounding, my cheeks heating up. Nicole still didn't cease to make me feel this way.
She kissed me back, and when we pulled away, my stomach made a very obnoxiously loud growling sound, causing Nicole to laugh. "You didn't eat breakfast?" She asked me.
I shook my head. "No... I didn't have time," I replied, my cheeks turning red from embarrassment.

Nicole shook her head, smiling at me. She started to drive down the street, in the opposite direction of the school.

"Nicole, we-"
"We are not going to be late. We still have time," Nicole told me.
"We better not be late," I replied disapprovingly.
"Being late is better than being hungry and cranky."
"I think the word you're looking for is hangry," I corrected her.
Nicole laughed. "My apologies. Being late is better than being hangry."

I giggled and she drove us to the diner in town. It was surprisingly not as busy as I thought it would be, which was the reason why I didn't want to go in the first place. Nicole and I got out of the car, and I stood in front of it, waiting for her. She locked her car and then walked over to me. We walked into the diner together, and I wanted so desperately to hold her hand but Purgatory is a small town... We'd decided that no one would know about us unless we were close to them.

Kinda funny how we had that conversation but not the "are we dating" conversation...

We sat down and the waitress came over to take our order for drinks. We both got coffee, and when she left us alone to decide what we wanted to eat, I decided to bring up the whole dating topic to Nicole.

"So... Nicole," I said, stirring half and half and sugar into my coffee.
Nicole looked up. "Yeah?" She responded.
I swallowed nervously. "Um. Gus wanted to know if we're together," I told her. Which was true, but not the reason why I'd brought it up.
"Oh. Well, what did you tell her?"
I shrugged. "I told her that I don't know."
Nicole nodded slowly. "Oh, okay."

That was all she said... I blinked, not too sure why she didn't seem to wanna talk about it. I just brushed it off and took a sip of my coffee before looking at the menu.