|| Destined - Approved ||

So sorry for the late update :(

A couple of weeks passed and both Manik and Nandini, especially Nandini was riding on a wave. A sweet and exciting wave that was carrying her into uncharted territories. While her friend Navya was warning her not to move too fast, not to trust a guy who had such a playboy reputation, Nandini never as much as doubted Manik's feelings or commitment towards her. She knew it was a fairy tale. She believed in fairy tales.

She was working in the cafe late that night. Her shift was almost over. It was past nine in the night. She walks to the corner in which Manik usually worked, waiting for her to be done with her shift. He did not even look at at her. She knew he was angry at her. These days she could sense his anger from miles away.

"Ice tea." she gave him a small cup and sat by his side.

Manik looked at the cup suspiciously and went back to his book. "You know I only drink coffee."

"It is late. I don't want the caffeine to keep you up all night."

"I will be up all night anyway. I have a meeting in the morning." He replied without looking at her.

She smiled looking at his anger. It was about Steve. Manik had threatened him to stay away from Nandini, even when he did not make a single move on her. He had created a brawl one evening when he caught him staring at Nandini.

Nandini was just becoming acquainted with Manik's possessiveness, so these days she chose shifts that did not have Steve around. But, tonight, she couldn't avoid it. Steve picked up a shift with her because the regular girl called in sick.

"Are you mad at me?" she hugged his arm and looked up at him pouting.

He looked down at her beautiful face lovingly but then quickly looked away trying to seem undeterred. "Don't get cute with me, Nandini."

"If not you, then who? Should I get cute with Steve?" she teased him playfully.

He glared at her instantly. He moved his hand away from her and started getting his things together. She knew he would storm out of there if she didn't do damage control. Manik Malhotra is not to be toyed with.

"Manik! Stop this madness!" she scolds him. "You know I am not interested in anyone other than you. Can I have a little trust please?"

"I trust you blindly." he replied as if hurt by her accusation.

"Then stop worrying about imaginary things."

"You are too innocent, baby." he tells her sighing.

"You are too protective, Manik." she despairs.

"Fine. That bugger better behave or I will break his face."

"I think he got that message a couple a times. I will close up and come back." she smiles, placing a small kiss on his cheek, effectively calming him down.

"I don't like to be handled Nandini. Don't think that I don't know what you are trying to do." he comments.

"I was just kissing you." she looked at him hurt.

"Hmpph!" he smiles. "Well, in that case, you could have done a better job of it. Come here." he pulls her in his arms and kisses her mouth. Nandini tries to stop him. It was her work for heaven's sake.