Chapter Fifteen - Hunting Party

A/N : My goodness I looove this song. Corey Taylor's voice is amaaaaaazing!
Okay... now you may read....

::::::::::::::

It'd been a couple of long weeks since Alex and I had started mapping out Miranda's day to day life, and boy is she something else.

Along with her multitude of social accounts, she also attends a lot of speed dating nights and high profile mixers, this woman is full of surprises and that excites me.

On the outer, she is a vixen, sucking in any man that'll risk himself to get their hands on her. But on the inside, she is much, much worse. Miranda is like poison ivy, everyone knows she's dangerous, but still they can't resist her beauty and once they've stepped within her reach, all hell breaks loose.

My skin tingles with need.

I am thrilled that we've gotten her cornered without her knowledge. It's been tedious, for me, I'm sure Alex is handling things much better than I am, all I want is to take her life in my hands right now. I crave the sensation of having my fingers around her throat and squeezing tighter and tighter until her breath gives up and continue until I can feel her gasping desperately for air, then, squeeze tighter again as her delicate bones snap beneath my fingertips from the pressure.

I swallow down the desire to sigh at knowing that I can't do that. I'd leave too much evidence behind and I can't risk getting caught, it'd end everything. Perhaps not everything. I glance sideways at Alex who sits anxiously beside me in the car as we watch her house.

Night had completely fallen several hours ago, the moon sits presently in the sky, giving only a hint of light to see by in the darkened street. There has been little to no activity since 11pm and I'm patiently - okay, not so patiently - awaiting for Alex's go ahead to enter. And I really hope it's soon. Time is dragging it's sorry ass and I don't appreciate it.

I lift my wrist to look at my watch again.
12.47pm. Figures, we'll probably still have to wait another hour or so. I suppress the need to groan aloud. That sure isn't going to help my situation.

"Patience." Alex mutters quietly beside me.

How did he know?
"How much longer?" I dare to ask.

"A little while. Also, I want to head in first, like we did the other time. It's safest." He doesn't look at me as he speaks, keeping his sight firmly on the building.

I press my lips together, muting my thoughts. "Alright." I say, not agreeing wholly, but accepting it nonetheless.

Finally, I hear Alex move from beside me and turn my head to look at him as he grips the door handle, ready to step from the car.

"Stay here." He says, immediately leaving me and heading toward Miranda's apartment.

I stare dumbfounded as he walks across the street. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, but I'm not staying here. Not a chance.

Although the thought passes through my mind, I wait in the car despite myself, sullen and moody at his departure and with no clear instruction of what I'm to do with myself. I watch the apartment, ready for anything, ready for something to tell me to follow in his wake.

That moment comes only a minute or two later when Alex pops up from beside the building and waves me over, I sigh gratefully and quietly leave my car behind, heading to Alex's side.

He raises a finger to his lips, silencing me but gestures for me to follow him.

We stick close to the wall, amongst the shadows and move toward the back of the residence, it takes me only a second to hear the sounds coming from within.