Shadows of Darkness

"The Chill that ran down her spine is arched her back as she laid her face on the cold desk, She had never seen something like that"

Unknown time, Saturday, 20 AD

Tears rolled down her cheeks as her eyes twitched and turned and her irregular breathing that was making her heart pain. Her fear had become a frenzy, which was shaking her mind as she opened her eyes. The light rushed into her pupils like she had been sleeping for an eternity, it hurt her at first. She looked up and saw an Old lady standing next to her.

"W-Where am I ?" she asked the lady.

"You've woken up?!"

"Woken up?...i was sleeping ?..."

"Yes, you were sound asleep, where are you from child?"

"I was just...i mean, in the forest..."

"Forest?, there's no forest here, You were having a dream"

"A dream, it was a Nightmare" She sighs.

"Where am I?"

"You're in RistFut dear, you fell asleep in my orchard"

"I'm sorry....I ate your fruit, but what happened to me?"

"Ah, the Blue Apple ? its not good to eat those apples anymore"

"Yea, why? whats wrong with the fruit?"

"It has been cursed, Anyone who eats it, gets trapped..I'm surprised you woke up"

"Cursed? What? Why would someone curse a fruit?"

"It seems you have come to this town without knowing about it. What brings you to these cursed land dear"

"I'm travelling, i thought this would be a shortcut" She says while looking down.

"Oh my, you are walking all by yourself through these woods?" The old lady seems scared and surprised.

"I suppose, I have to go there no matter what." Her eyes gleam in the candlelit room

"Maybe you should ask someone to guide you, There's an adventurer's guild nearby........Where are you travelling to dear?"

"N-No, I will have to do this alone" She turns down the old lady "But before i go, can u tell me what happened to this place? Why are the fruits cursed? "

"Oh, its not the fruits that were cursed dear. The trees, They are cursed."

"Why....who would do something like that?"

"It has been more than 50 Years now..Since the trees started bearing Blue Apples. It all used to be different types of fruits, tasty and plum, but now its all gone, all because of that day."

"What happened ?"

"Nobody knows the true story, But that day, the skies turned black and the soil turned red and the air was burning like fire"

Ely's eyes widen as she gasps

"Yes, the townsfolk call it the Black Frost, because everything was dark and black, it was a horrible day, turning all the fruits like this, people who tried to eat it, never woke up from their sleep" She has tears on her cheek, and her voice cracks up 

"What could have caused such a bad fate to this land ? "

"You might be too young to know this, but u should have heard stories of the war"