Rise Again

Hiiiii everyone!!!!

I don't know how you found my story, or why you clicked it, but in any case, I'm happy you did! This is my first writey-thingy on Wattpad, so enjoy I guess! :3

Chapter 1

Death. That one word brings so much grief and sorrow to mortals. Yet to us, it is just another word a perhaps another birth, depending.

My name, is Geula, and I was once guardian angel.

I have seen many angels arrive at heaven, be it Borns, an angel born from an act of true love or by soulmates finding each other (which doesn't hapen very often), or a Made, the angels who were once mortals themselves. There is also the Fallen, the angels who desended (rather painfully, might I add) to hell because they commited a crime against Heaven, and the Risen, who are Fallen angels that God thought served enough time with Lathaneos and are permitted back to Heaven. But that does not often happen, but perhaps that is for the better.  Risen are oppressed, beat up, taken advantaged of, and so much worse. And why? Because they have those infamous grey wings that tell people 'Hey, I was once bad, but now I am better. I am forgiven." 

Before I get into the present, let's go back to the start of my Fall, to thegirl i was Guarding when it all happened.

                                                                              ***

 She was innocent. Blonde hair that fell past her shoulders and dazzling bright green eyes that were filled with wonder and joy. Her mom had adored her, she was her prized possesion, her treasure, her light. Her father however, wanted nothing to do with the child, so he left the mother shortly after she got pregnant.

A car crash, caused by a drunk driver, killed the mother when the girl was 6, leaving her with a grieving, abusive father. The only friend the girl had was a fluffy teddy bear with a red ribbon and button eyes.

Her father had loved her mother, adored her. Which is why it pained him to leave, and nearly killed him when she died. But, he hadn't wanted a child, wasn't ready, so he left the mother as soon as he found out. The girl had the personality, eyes, and sense of wonder that her the mother had, and whenever he looked at the girl, he saw the mother, which drove him crazy. That similarity was one reason why it was so easy yet so hard to abuse her.

 When she was 11, she had had enough. she was tired of the blood-stained walls, tired of his abuse. So, in the middle of the night, she packed all her things, and left. And it was on that very same night that I was sent to her.

                                                                                 ***

It took me awhile to locate her, but I finally found her in an alley, huddled up against cardboard boxes and a dumpster.

"Hey." I said softly to her. Her head snapped towards me, fear littering her small, bruised up face.

" A-are you here to take me back to Papa? Oh please, do not take me back to Papa!!!" she whimpered.

"Wha-no, darling, no. I would never." I replied "Actually, I am here to help you. I am here to make sure no one ever harms you again, okay?"

"L-like a guardian angel?" she asked. Well I guess no need to explain.

"Exactly what I am."

"If you're an angel, can I see your wings?"  I chuckled a little.

"How about a step further?" She looked at me, giving me a silent question. I chuckled again. 

"Come." I took her into a nearby wood, took off my  long, baggy sweatshirt that concealed my wings ( I really hated wearing it), tied it around my waist, picked her up bridal style."

"Hold on." I warned.. She squealed as I flew into the air. She buried her head into my chest, and a smiled. 

"Where are we going?" She asked, voice slightly muffled.

"Far from here." I replied.

                                                                          ***

After what seemed like hours of flying, I flew to a  branch of a tree,  my wings sore and exausted. I lay on the brach, positioning the now sleeping child so her body was parrelel to mine, head on my chest and one leg dangling. After making sure she wouldn't fall, I preened my wings, a nightly ritual to get rid of any loose, useless feathers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the child squirm in her sleep, face looking troubled. I wrapped my wings around her, and she sighed, snuggling closer into me, looking content. I couldn't help but smile at the child and how cute she was. But even then, in the back of my mind, i knew this child would be trouble. And boy, do I wish I was wrong.                                                                        

A/N I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of RA, my Treble Makers (yes, i will call all y'all that now!) If you want more make sure to comment and tell me, because I am in no hurry to write more, as I write first in notebook, then on Wattpad, and so far only 2 chapters are finished, the third slowly coming along! Well, enough of my rambling!!! I will see y'all in the next chapter! Baiiii!!! :3

-Melody