Chapter Thirty-Two

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

The sound of water dripping began to wake me.

Drip.

A cold drip of water splashed onto my nose making me jump up. I quickly pushed my hair from my face.

Water dripped in various places through the stone ceiling. The constant dripping was in the corner. The entire room was made of stone. There was a hole in the right wall with metal bars through it. Light streamed through the hole. The hole wall in front of me was made of metal bars - a door.

I was sitting on an old mattress. It had dirt smears and stains all over it.

I was still wearing my jean, converse, and Marco's shirt, but the knot had fallen out so the T-shirt fell to my mid-thigh.

My heart rate picked up, remembering what had happened. I closed my eyes and began to take a few deep breathes.

Thump thump thump.

At first I thought that it was my own heartbeat picking up, but then I realized that it was footsteps coming towards the cell.

I looked up when they stopped. The hooded figure stood there. Watching.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" I screamed. It came from my throat so it was that high pitchy squeel kind of scream.

The hooded figure grabbed a ring of keys out of his pocket and jammed it into the locked. He strutted in, grabbing me at my upper arm.

He yanked me up and began to drag me out of the cell and down the hall. He dragged me up some stone stairs and into a hallway with creme colored wallpaper.

I lost track of all the door and hallways we passed. Although, I tried.
If I had a chance to run, I was gonna take it. It may sound ridiculous, but what other choice did I have?

I kept my eyes on every door we passed, studying every one we passed. Marking, wood, color. Which was a lot hard then it sounded since they all looked so close a like.

The hooded figure finally pulled me through heavy french doors. The room he pulled me into looked like a scene from a movie. It was one of those super old throne rooms, one you would see in an old castle. With the big dramatic throne on the opposite wall, on top of layer of stairs. There was pillars and statues that led up to the single throne and the room over all was an orangy-creme color.

On the throne sat a man... Boy? I couldn't tell from this far. I kept my head down, because I didn't want to cause any trouble. I didn't feel adrenaline, I didn't feel brave, nor did I feel strong. One of the things that I couldn't do was fight.

I was pulled along through the room. I seen the bottom of the steps at the top of my vision before I was pushed to the ground. I heard the footsteps of the man, that was sitting on the throne, coming down the steps.

"Hello, Asherlyn." The voice spoke to me.

I swallowed. No. Why? Not him. Seriously?

This was so not happening.

***

Marco's P.O.V

"Marco, there is still absolutely no sign of her."

I looked up at Devin from my seat of my desk. I stood up aruptly. "I don't care how f*cking long it takes! Hire more f*cking people to scout the area! I don't care how much money it takes, just find her!" Anger boiled inside me.