Entry Fourteen

Entry Fourteen

Dear Diary,

Being popular is really weird; and I can't quite say I like it.

Usually, I go to school and hang out at Pharrell's locker before school. No one gives me the time of day, and vice versa. But, now I can barely get to the door without people swarming me.

"Hey Gwen, how are you?!" they scream.

"I love your outfit!"

"Is it true that you're best friends with Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo?"

They're like the paparazzi, I swear. Alicia hasn't been adjusting to it very well, either.

"I can barely sit down in class without someone asking me to sit by them!" Alicia tells me. "It's so annoying."

"Yeah," I acknowledge.

"Why are we even hanging out with the populars, anyway?" Alicia asks.

"Because Blake hangs out with them," I inquire. "And Black also likes us, too. So, why can't we be friends?"

"This is unnatural," Alicia claims.

I laugh. "Alicia, this is high school; not the amazon rainforest."

"Whatever," Alicia glares at me. "This is all going to go bad. We're basically committing social suicide!"

Pharrell's chill like always. I mean-he's Pharrell. When is he not chill?

Christina loves the fact that we hang out with her friends now. I'm pretty sure she only sat with us at lunch because she pitied us. Though, she's my longtime friend, I know that she's way more popular than me. And to be honest, I'm fine with it.

Turns out, Behati's pretty nice.

"Adam's such an idiot," Behati laughs. "He put his phone in the microwave to try and get more miles on Pokémon Go! How stupid!"

I laugh at this. "That's great!"

"So," Behati begins. "I've told you about Adam. Now, you tell me about Blake."

I blush. "We aren't really close yet. There's just attraction, that's all."

Behati gives me a knowing look. "Talk to me about this attraction. Is it his eyes?"

"It's everything," I sigh. "He's tall, handsome, friendly. He even has dimples!"

"Have you guys..." Behati trails off.

I feel like a deer in headlights. "No! Absolutely not. I have class, thank you."

She laughs. "You're unbelievable, Gwen."

We joke around a lot, which is nice. Except, I don't think Kendall and Cara like me all that much.

"Behati!" Cara yells for her friend. "You said we would go to the mall right after school."

Behati looks guilty. "Oh, yeah. I'm so sorry, I forgot!"

"It's fine," Kendall claims. "But let's go! I need to get the new iPhone Eight!"

"Wait," Behati stops. She looks at me, and for a moment I think that she's going to invite me along. "See you tomorrow, Gwen!"

She runs off before I can even say a word. I saw it coming, to be honest. Of course she would hang out with them instead of me.

I guess too much hasn't changed, after all.

Until next time,
Gx