Tony Stark

1) When Tony first got his suit, he found his life tortured. His armored chest plate had to be frequently recharged and worn constantly. He decided to keep it hidden from everyone including his fiance at the time, Joanna Nivena. He became suicidal and his drinking became heavier. When he finally shared his secret with Joanna, she supported him. She encouraged him to become a super hero with his armor.

2) Joanna called off the engagement knowing that Tony will never the type of person to settle down and have a family.

3) In his early years of being a super hero, he had to battle against Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Mandarin

4) After the Kree-Skull War, Tony Stark joined Reed Richards, Blackagar Boltagon, Charles Francis Xavier, Stephen Vincent Strange, and Namor in founding the Illuminati

 5) Despite seeming to have everything a man could want, Tony was under much stress. The machinations of rival industrialist Justin Hammer and SHIELD's constant pressure drove Tony further into drinking. His girlfriend at the time, Bethany Kabe, kept Tony from continued succumbing to his alcoholism. Their relationship ended when Bethany's presumed-dead husband was discovered alive.

6) In Spiderman: Homecoming and Infinity War, he designed Peter's suit to prevent the mistakes that he made in the past. He made a fitted parachute after Rhodey falls in Civil War, a heater in the suit after getting stuck in the snow, made a nano suit after Scott damaged his suit from the inside, and put a gps so he can locate Peter if he ever gets kidnapped.

7) In Infinity War he starts to panic when Peter dies because in Spiderman: Homecoming he told Peter specifically "If you die, that's on me." meaning he would be devastated if anything happened to Peter and it would add to the list of burdens he's carrying around