|7|

Cory

Cory

I met June outside the gym after practice,"How'd it go?" She asked walking along side me to the parking lot. I pulled my duffle bag higher up my shoulder sighing,"I'm benched from Friday's game."

"What do you mean!? I know she ain't do you like that Cory," I knew I wasn't performing my best in practice, but I promised I would do better in Friday's night game. I took out my car keys opening the trunk,"Well she did!" I threw the duffle bag inside slamming it shut.

"You know y'all are gonna get y'all asses spanked," I put the gear in reverse pulling out of the parking lot. "I know that, but coach act like she doesn't." If I didn't play we were gonna lose and there's was no way we'd make it to regionals.

"Don't worry about it," June said, playing with the radio dial. "You have bigger things to worry about like telling Keith-" I stared at the red light waiting for it to change. "I told him and he hasn't talked to me since," I pressed the gas as the light turned green. "Do we gotta stop by this fool house," I glanced at her typing her hair up into a ponytail. "No June" I laughed "I don't even wanna talk to him right now."

I pulled into the driveway to see that my mother car was here. I unbuckled my seat belt getting out,"I guess my mother isn't here." June did the same grabbing her back pack out of the back seat,"Is she still ain't talking to you?" I locked the car standing at the front door searching for my house key on my key ring,"Sadly yes." I opened the door locking it behind June,"Where do you wanna start?" She went right for the kitchen,"Food, I'm so damn hungry that cafeteria food is nasty."

"Can you pass me a bag of chips out the pantry," she tossed them to me. I took out my textbook opening up the pages Mrs. Marine assigned. "I can't stand government," June closed her text picking up her phone. "Girl" I grabbed her textbook opening it back up. "We only have three questions left," She ignored me smiling at something on her phone.

"Who's got you smiling?" I asked. She put down her phone smiling harder than before,"Do you remember Elias from French junior year?" I thought about it for a minute,"Wait! Mixed, curly hair, freckles with the green creepy eyes?" She smacked my arm,"His eyes are not creepy." I laughed she's the one who said his eyes were creepy in the first place.

"Girl just tell me about y'all two," She couldn't stop smiling as she talked about them meeting up after school in his car. I felt kind of sad listening to my best friend go on about her new boo. I missed Keith he's hasn't called me once since I told him on the phone. I even tried to call him, but I kept going straight to voicemail.

Comment & Vote !