Chapter 5: A New Business

"What's Indiana like?" Cynthia grinned, holding the fork she was eating with in her hand. Evan looked at her, not sure if she was talking to him or his mother, so he just nervously laughed.
    "It's nice! Just enough people for my lil' Evan. We love to go to Hubers each year! He loves to see the trees and pick apples!" Heidi answered for him, sparking laughs from the other mother.
     "Our family used to travel to Indiana all the time and have picnics at their orchard. Oh, what times we had! Right, Connor?" Cynthia looked at her son with such pride. No, that's not the word She's looking for.
    Connor's eyes widened slightly, remembering when times were good. "Connor! That's so, uh, cool that you've been to Indiana. What do you..think?" Evan asked him, awfully trying to start conversation. He's the type of person to spew random words just to somehow get a word out of someone.
    Connor then screamed jokingly,"You don't have your nails painted! Evan, we must do something about this!" Connor grabbed his hand and ran upstairs to his room.
________________________

After showing Heidi her room, Cynthia grabbed Larry and jumped into the closet with him. "I thought there was a girl coming!" Cynthia sounded panicky. Larry just rolled his eyes,"I told you he wasn't talking to a girl!" The wife just started to bite her nails. "There's still a girl, I promise you. I'll bring it up to him right now. Maybe I can get Evan out and that girl in!" The closet door opened and a ton of brooms fell out, but that didn't matter.
Cynthia dashed upstairs to her son's room.
But, what she saw terrified her. Her son was painting Evan's nails!
She almost screamed in terror, but she kept her mouth shut. "What are you guys doing?" She nervously laughed. "Doing his nails...What's wrong?" Connor asked, confused. "Well, it's kind of weird. Isn't it, Evan?" Cynthia tried to get Evan to take her side. All he did was shake his head as he pointed his nails at her. "I mean, uh, they're pretty cool! Connor did them... pink!" Evan squealed.
The mother just gripped the door like she was going to fall. A smile still held on face, though. "You have any cute girls, Evan?" She asked him, walking into the room more.
Connor gave his mother a death stare, but she didn't notice. Evan looked at Connor and back at the lady in the doorway.
"Well, uh, no. I can't get a-any girls to notice me, I guess..But, I don't care about girls anyway.." Evan flaps his hands to dry them, nervous about Cynthia.
"Ah, Well that's upsetting. I know so many girls who would love you Evan! I'll have to set you up!" She laughed with him. "Oh,okay.." Evan didn't sound like he wanted to be set up with a girl.
"Mom, I think we're gonna watch a movie.. So.." Connor signaled for her to leave. Cynthia just sat down with them. "What's your plans for the night?" The mother asked both of them, trying to get them out of the house.

____________

So, somehow the two ended up at the movies. "Am I allowed to drink and drive?.." Connor asked, thinking about purchasing beer. Evan just stared at him,"Uh, no. Why would you even ask that?"
"Just checking if anything has changed.." Connor giggled a little bit. "2 Tickets to see Magical Pony of Rainbow land please!" The brunette ordered with a grin. The lady at the check out booth just stared at them with confusion.

"I hate people, but I love you!" Evan grinned at Connor, who was laughing. "So, does that mean I'm not a person?" He laughed in response, grabbing the popcorn from Evan as they walked to get their ticket stamped.
    "Nope, you're a Murphy. Murphy's will never be just people.." Evan took a handful of popcorn and shoved it into his mouth.
    Out of nowhere he tensed up, giving his ticket to the ticket dude. Connor rubbed Evan's back as they walked into the theatre.
        This little boy came walking up to Connor and Evan. Wanna know what Connor's first reaction was? He stole the boy's candy. Yup, that's what happened. The little boy started crying, so Evan made him give it back. He slightly didn't blame him though as Movie theatre candy is expensive.
       The two sat at the highest row because Evan said the sound is the best in that row.
   The previews began almost immediately like they were in some sort of fanfiction where odd dreams like that can come true. That's when a girl came and sat by Connor, curling his hair with her fingers. "Oo~ That's some pretty hair.." She smiled, getting close to Connor.

  "Nope, nope... I'm not into girls!" He whispered to her, slightly pushing her off of him. Evan froze, staring at Connor. "Oh, gosh! I feel so terrible! I'll leave you and your boyfriend, alone!" She quickly dashed off to the seat a couple rows in front.

  Evan and Connor just shrugged at each other.

_________________

  On the way out, The same girl approached them. "Hey, I'm the girl from earlier.. I..Have an issue and.. Since you're gay and stuff, I wanted help!" She explained to Connor, who stared at Evan with doubt.

  "I'll pay you!" She grabbed his hands, looking into Connor's eyes.

  Money, Evan, money, Evan, money, Evan.. Evan, he's my friend.. But, money. Okay, I like money. Money will never abandon me!

  "B-bring up the question!" Connor tried to act like a stereotypical gay by putting his hands on his hips and posing.

The girl laughed and told her  how she was hitting on random guys to get rid of her urge to like girls. "When I was in 5th grade, I had this friend, Steve. He and I were the closest friends ever! Soon, I discovered I had feelings for him, though. It got really bad, so I just turned it off for a little while. But, then I met Evan!" He wrapped his arms around the very uncomfortable Evan.

  "Are my hands sweating?" Evan whisper screamed.

So, this became a business.