Don't Hide, Please

Ces: My first In A Heartbeat fanfic! I never thought of Sherwin being a clumsy little shit. Rather, I see him someone who walks like he owns the place but because of his anxiety he thinks he's a clumsy little shit when actually he slay.

Either way, please enjoy this fanfic!

*=*

Don't Hide, Please

Third Person's POV

It was a beautiful day. That amazing and nerve-wrecking day. Sherwin always looked at him from a far. Waking up early, going to school earlier than the janitor himself; it is all worth it if he has that charming brunette all to him only. Although, he never actually never got to talk to him nor even stand beside him in a 1 feet radius, no, that never happened. He is already thankful to be alive and live in the same city and breath the same oxygen with him. But if it did, his own heart will pop out and will do anything to be touched or noticed by that charming man.

However, things didn't go as usual that day when his heart, Shirley, who Sherwin took liberty on naming his own bloody heart, couldn't handle the need and affections it has for this man, who the whole school known as a "Prince Charming", Jonathan.

When his heart just pops out from seeing him walking, with an apple on his hand and book he is so busy reading to. It squealed and flew right in his hand, where the apple should've been.

And—we all know what happened next.

Sherwin sighed heavenly, still remembering the horrifying and loveliest moments yesterday. He could still feel Jonathan's warmth around his hands when he puts back the other half of Shirley. Especially the part where his face is so close to Jonathan's. He can see how those beautiful ocean-like eyes can be dangerously deadly. He always liked his eyes, half-lidded when reading and how it shines when the morning sun reflecting in them. It shines so beautifully and he is somewhat thankful that Shirley helped him experience that one day of a roller coaster ride.

He giggled at his own thoughts and felt his skin crawl at the memories, not in a bad way though, the shivers are good. He feels like today is going to be a great day.

His trail of happy thoughts stopped when he noticed the time on his phone.

"Oh geez—" Sherwin is late! Well, not "class late" but late to see Jonathan arrive at school!

Sherwin ran with his all might, even attracting some dogs on chasing him but once he arrived at the school, he lost them. He panted as he placed his hands on his knees, exhausted and the day haven't even started! He cursed the dogs mentally and wished that he won't be able to bump into them later. Because, damn, he won't let anything ruin his good mood today! While catching his breath, his shoulders shake to notice the cold autumn air passing by him.

No wonder he felt slightly chilly today, although the leaves haven't fallen yet, it feels like autumn is already here. He stood up and looked at the cloudy sky, his favorite weather of all times. He smiled softly when he heard birds chirping, as if right above his head.

He kept that smile on and went to that tree which here it all started. Although the teachers told him to not sit nor walk on the grass, he still does and even got himself sent to the office for not listening. Even with the threat of calling his parents, he still sits in the grass and the teachers just gave up scolding him every single day. That was the only time he's been stubborn and felt victorious to be selfish for once in his life.

He checked the time and noticed that he still has 3 minutes before Jonathan arrives and he couldn't wait! He sat on the fresh mown grass, letting his hands land on that morning dew and his head leaning on the trunk of the tree, loving his peaceful moment before everything started for this day. Breathing slowly and even, still has that smile of his, he felt a noise and blinked his eyes open and his nose twitches like a bunny.