Five

A week later

Leaving the clinic, I look down at the bag of prenatal vitamins. "Man..." I sigh. I'm still so confused about things right now, I don't know how to feel about this.

Of course I'm excited. I always dreamed of starting a family with Alessandro. But right now our lives are so all over the place. I'm still in school.

"Hey," I freeze as a car pulls up next to me. My eyes widen as I look at the man sitting in the car. He gives me a smirk "So unsuspecting. Watch yourself in these streets. I hear something wild is going to happen soon. Tell that boyfriend of yours to watch his back." He says before pulling off.

A chill runs down my spine. I stuff the bag in my purse and hurry back to the apartment. I rush inside "Alessandro!" I yell, startling him off the sofa. "Huh? What happened?" He asks.

"Some guy came up to me and told me that something bad would happen soon. He said to warn you to watch your back." I throw my purse down on the table and cross over to him.

Alessandro pulls me close into a tight embrace "What did the man look like? Did he hurt you?" He asks.

I shake my head "He stayed in the car. He had blonde hair and I think blue eyes. And this like burn patch on his cheek..." as I say and his grip on me tightens.

"What?" I look up at him. His eyes darken "Don't worry about it for now, just be careful. Please. If you want to go places take a driver." He takes me by the shoulders and gazes into my eyes. "Okay?"

I nod "Okay." He kisses my forehead and smiles just a bit "How did it go at the doctor?"

"Euh, they said I should cut back on gassy foods." I lie "It's messing up my stomach." I sheepishly smile.

He chuckles "Alright then, healthier food it is then. Tomorrow after work I'll pick up some stuff for you." He sits back on the sofa and pulls me down next to him. I snuggle into his side.

He was hiding something. Patchy face guy was someone important. I just know it. But I was lying too. I'm pregnant. But I don't know how to tell him with so much going on right now. I can't keep it secret forever , but I can stretch it out as long as I can.