8

The Doctor was quick to park the TARDIS far away from the camp. In fact, he parked it on one of the American ships.

The Frew-Daxians had heard of Time Lords. To them, however, Time Lords were fairy tales. So to see a real one in action was a shocker to them. The Doctor showed them to the sick bay, where he lay Rose under a cell-cascading healing machine. He then helped them attend their wounds while he waited for the machine to be done fixing his wife's internal injuries. He hoped that everything would be okay.

He showed the Frew-Daxians to two rooms where they could rest until he was able to get their ship back for them. On the way back, he sped walked, hoping to find Rose awake.

Unfortunately, she was still asleep and absorbing the nutrients and healing that the cascading cells gave her. The machine almost looked like a golden halo made of small orbs surrounding her. It was beautiful.

He pulled up a chair, which scraped against the floor, and he waited.

-

The first thing that Rose was aware of was a familiar hand holding her own. She squeezed it, smiling when she heard the Doctor say her name.

"Doctor..." She croaked as feeling returned to the rest of her body. She was sore, but she was not having anywhere near the amount of pain she had before. She opened her eyes slowly, recognising the ceiling of the TARDIS medical bay. "What... what happened?" She asked as her blurry eyes found her husband's face, her anchor.

"I found you imprisoned with two Frew-Daxians. It appears you decided to go off on an adventure and got caught. Do you remember?" He asked, gently rubbing his thumb along her knuckles.

Rose squinted her eyebrows. "Yes... I remember now. The general... he found me in their ship... the Frew-Daxian ship. He took me to that prisoners tent at gun point. When we got there... he hit me. And I fell asleep." Rose said, her free hand feeling her cheek for the bruise she knew had to be there.

The Doctor smiled sadly, remembering the bruise on her face. "The cascaded pretty much got rid of the bruise." The Doctor's face turned dark. "I am going to-"

"No, Doctor," Rose said, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Do what's right."

The Doctor's head fell, his anger mixing with the need to follow his wife's advice.

"Okay." He said, knowing that he was doing all of this just for her. "I love you," he said, bringing her hand to his lips, where he held it protectively.

"I love you, too, Doctor."