0†PROLOGUE†0

Sunday 10th March 1929
 New York City

ANONYMOUS P.O.V

The sun delicately shone across the sea of buildings, crowds of people rushing to their needed destinations. Two best friends sat on a bench as it creaked from their weight. I watched as they laughed, giggled, smiled and talked. "Ha!", "Laugh out loud!", "Oh my god, that's amazing!"; they were a small selection of the words they said. I couldn't help to think that they were showing off. My mind was corrupting me, torturing. "You're alone!", "You have no one!", "Loser!"; the words I remembered.

Flashbacks of my life appeared before me. People laughing at me, people judging me because of my appearance. No...I couldn't take it. My eyes glowed a red, my old life was the worst. Memories of how I lived in my past. Memories of my suicide. Memories of watching my non-existing funeral. Tears of blood streamed down my face. I couldn't take this torture no more.

I screamed, but it was another non-existing trait of mine. The two friends before me didn't hear; neither anyone else around the location. The only thing that was of consequence of my scream was the shadow before me. It grew as a crack in the earth, following a specific line of which I would only barely decipher where it went; to the friends before me...