Chapter 3

Tom

CRACK , was the sound of me apparating in the middle of an abandoned alley. I was finally free, away  from the dementors and out of the cell. " I'm not completely free" "There are limits" he thought angrily. Dumbledore gave him a list of rules he was expected to follow. No unforgivable curses, No Legilimency, and he will be expected to report every week his progress. Among other rules. The punishment for breaking any of them was immediate imprisonment. He will have to go to his cell and he will never leave. " It's a good thing there are other ways to use force and gain power. Tom has many gifts and his charisma and handsomeness will gain many's trust. There is power in trust and persuasiveness.

Before Tom had left he took two potions. The first brought him back to his handsome form. No girl would trust somebody who didn't look human. The second was a tracker. It tracked where Toms whereabouts were at all times. Dumbledore had also taught Tom a spell to track and locate the girl who would be his soulmate.

Tom looked around, Apparently he had apparated in the middle of an alley. The girl could not possibly live here, could she? Tom thought. " Not like I care, I'm here to use the girl to help me rise to power, not to find a soulmate". Tom raised his wand and muttered the spell that would lead him to the girl. A ball of blue light appeared in front of him and then started to run straight ahead. 

Tom followed. As he ran he heard so many noises  and smells. Dogs barking to one another in their secret languages, people shouting, swearing, and talking on strange rectangular shaped boxes, even the smell of baking bread wafting from a bakery nearby. It all felt strange and unfamiliar to Tom.

The ball of light headed towards two brick buildings, with several doors  and headed between the two. The light stopped in front of a house. The house was tan, with red shutters on the windows. Flowers covered the ground where Tom stood. A pebbled path lead behind the house to a nearby park. Tom approached intending to peek through the windows to see this mystery girl. but then the door opened and a girl ran out. He hid behind a tree and watched as a girl a a few years younger than him ran across the street. The ball of light didn't follow her. 

Tom sat under the tree twiddling his wand between his fingers. The ball of light hovered between the tree and house, not moving at all.  Tom thought back to when he was in power. To when he was the most powerful and feared wizard of all time. He remembered when he had the fate of the world in his fingers. All the terror and pain he caused to people who were unworthy. Then that Potter brat shattered the image of a world where purebloods were in power and everyone else was to bow down. He shattered the decades Tom had worked to purify the world from mudbloods and muggles. Part of it was Toms fault because he had underestimated  the potter boy. Potter had too many supporters. People who had and would lay down their lives to protect him. 

Tom was so lost in memories and dreams he almost missed the ball of light shooting behind the house towards the park. Tom followed. The light went past children who were swinging , running around playing chase, eating on checkered blankets and a multitude of other activities. None of the other children saw the blue light except a little girl with pigtails, who pointed out to her parents that she saw a floating ball of blue light. The parents didn't believe her. "Typical muggles, won't believe in magic even its staring them down" Tom thought bitterly.  

Tom walked past the park until the the ball started going faster and faster heading towards the public bathrooms.  As Tom rounded the corner of the building. He crashed into someone and fell on the ground. " I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I''m sorry" the person  hurriedly said. " you already said that" Tom snarled and stood up. He looked into the eyes of a girl. Probably the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. She had dark brown hair with vibrant brown eyes and framing her face were a few freckles.  Her body looked lithe and slender. The girl carried herself with confidence and poise. 

As he studied the girl he noticed the ball of light stop right in front of her. But the one thing Tom truly noticed was she didn't even glance at it. It was as if she couldn't see it. "Oh No" Tom thought  with dread.  It looked like the girl who was supposed to save his soul... was a muggle.