The Dimension War Begins

(Alright, ladies and gentlemen! It's time for the first part of the story, and this will begin in the Xyz Dimension, just moments after Duel Academy invades the peaceful world. And I'm proud to announce that there will be an old face appearing. So sit back and enjoy the show, folks!)

Lulu POV

Absolute chaos.

That was all I could say about what was going on all around the city. Fires roared amongst the streets, buildings being blasted by massive giant machines that expelled beams of high-intensity energy at the streets, and smashing their massive fists into the tall skyscrapers of Heartland City.

Controlling them were these groups of duellists that came out of nowhere. Each of them in different colours - red; blue; and yellow like it they were divided in different parties. Each of them had a duel disk and were not afraid to use them. And that wasn't the worst part of them all. It was what they did to anyone that they defeated in a duel.

They mercilessly turn anyone and everybody into cards. I saw it with my own eyes when I watched in horror as a blue jacket duellist pressed something on his duel disk and the opponent he duelled was sucked into a card. I could still remember that person screaming, even though I tried so hard to shake it or if my head.

I was trying my hardest to help anyone that needed help, since a lot of them were stumbling around as they attempted to outrun the massive giant that was chasing us. I was crouching down to help a little girl as she was lost and couldn't find her mother. She was only five years old, and was crying loudly. I picked her up and held her tightly as I ran forwards and tried catching up with the others.

After about thirty seconds of running through the badly dismantled road, I couldn't run anymore. I tripped and fell to my knees, panting from trying to hold the little girl as she kept her eyes tightly closed, tears pouring down her dirty face.

I looked behind me, glancing up at the metal giant as it loomed above me, standing taller than a twenty story building, it's singular eye blazing red. It lifted its bulky right arm as it prepared to strike down on us.

 It lifted its bulky right arm as it prepared to strike down on us

I held the girl tightly, her head resting in my shoulder. "Don't worry. Everything is gonna be fine. I promise," I said soothingly.

"Mommy? Where is she?" the girl whimpered, her arms holding my neck.

"She'll be okay sweetheart. I promise."

The giant had stopped his attack, like it was pausing. I frowned at that, before I saw one duellist in a blue jacket holding his violet covered, sword shaped duel disk up to his chest. He had a cruel smile on his face.