Chapter Four

What. The. Fuck. Did Jackson, the Percy Jackson, A.K.A my crush since I met him, just call me death boy? And what is Jason talking about, 'What happened yesterday, Piper wants to know.' What the heck is going on??? I get up, shaking my head. Annabeth would know better than anyone what was going on. Before I get to the Athena cabin, I feel arms around my waist. I hear a very familiar voice whisper, "Guess who?"

"Hey Will." I say, nonchalantly. I wish he hadn't showed up right now. Percy calling me death boy, a nickname usually only Will calls me, stirred something deep inside me. It was difficult to calm the swirling confusion in my stomach, even harder now that Will was here. He looks at me. "Nico. Is something wrong?" I sigh.

"I'm going to Annabeth, to talk to her. I need some answers about Percy." Will looks hurt. He knew about my crush on Percy. He also knows that I'm over it. I  know that I'm over it. Was over it? Everything I know about the absolute suck town that is my life is that Percy ruined it, and Will built me back up. Now I'm questioning the decision to tell Percy liked him. And that I'm over him. Cause what if I'm not? What if- No. I cannot allow myself to go there.

"Earth to Nico. Come in, Nico." Will is waving his arm in my face. "You zoned out for a minute. You sure you're ok?"

"Yeah. Yes. I'm fine."

"Ok... I have to go to archery. When you're done, meet me there, yeah?"

"Sounds good, sunshine. Luv ya."

"Luv ya too, death boy."

There it was again. Death boy. That nickname was going to follow me around forever. I walked in silence to Annabeth's cabin and knocked. A worried looking camper answered it.

"Um...." Poor guy, he didn't know why the son of Hades was at the Athena Cabin.

"I'm looking for Annabeth," I said, brushing past him. " Where is she?"

"Oh. No ones allowed to see her."

"Well can you at least tell me what happened, and why half the camp looks like they want to murder Percy?"

"Oh, you're here about THAT. Percy and- you know what? No. Percy broke up with Annabeth."

"Oh. Well, damn. Sorry..."

"Yeah, well. Rumor has it he broke up with her for you."

My cheeks flushed. "Yeah, not true. He's straight, genius."

"Dude, the whole camps whispering about his little 'slip up' with your nickname. Rumor is you never got over him."

"Well, apparently, everyone's an idiot. I have a boyfriend." I left without another word.