The Great Pyramid of Giza

The massive pyramid that stands in front of me is one of the most, if not the most famous pyramid ever. Once I lay my eyes on the breathtaking structure, it's not hard to see why it was deemed one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Standing at an impressive height of nearly five hundred feet, it makes me feel so much smaller- like a bug at the mercy of a human. A complex of buildings surround the Great Pyramid of Giza, including smaller pyramids- though they don't look small to me, but in contrast to the immense one right in front of me, they do seem so much smaller. As I run my hands over the smooth, polished white limestone, I can almost see how much care went into the precise and prepossessing stones. Perfectly cut and polished until they shined, I can visualize thousands of skilled craftsmen and workers bending over backwards to build this colossal structure, being efficient, careful, and making it pulchritudinous all at the same time.

As the tour guide leads me and the other people on the tour, I can't help but marvel over the magnificence of the Great Pyramid of Giza. My footsteps echo on the polished limestone floor, unintentionally in sync with the tour guide's footsteps. I can hear the other people chatter about the imposing structure we stand in.

I can't blame them for speaking the truth.