1

I wasn't born from a human mother, or maybe I was, I don't know. I was too young to pay attention to who my mother was. After all I was a mere baby. When I got older they told me my mother died before I was born, but if she died before I was born then how was I here? The nurse explained that the I was a miracle. The healers had been able to save me from my mothers body. A miracle they said. I don't see it as a miracle, it was just luck.
I guess it doesn't really matter who my mother is, or was. All that matters is that I was born, able to come into this world. A world filled with death and violence, a world unfit for a child. Maybe it wasn't luck that allowed me to live but bad luck.
These two families loath each other and I cannot figure out why. We all look the same, we all feel the sun over head, kiss our skin and darken it's color. We all feel the harsh winter air claw at our faces and whip our hair around. We all feel the hand of death on our shoulders, some sooner than others. In the end we're all the same. So why do they hate each other? I've given up trying to find the answer to that question, mainly because no matter how hard I try I am not able to make any change. Their hatred runs too deep for a single girl to make a difference.
In the end this is my home. Verone is my home, no matter how broken it is.