Chapter 2~Drugs Sweet Drugs

On the long drive home, I had a migraine. I fumbled for my painkillers. For once I took the amount directed. Within a few too many minutes, I feel better. Instead of feeling completely numb like I normally do, the migraine just dulled into a headache. It was manageable, just different.
~2 hours later~
I managed to last the car ride without taking any more painkillers. When we made it to Kong, though, I couldn't help myself. I took about a handful more of the pills to get rid of the remaining headache. The next thing I know, I passed out on the couch.
~Murdoc's POV~
I was messing around in the studio when 2D walks up to me. He looked like shit. He sits next to me and starts smiling. I would have smacked him, if it weren't for my beloved bass sitting on my lap. I ignored the fucker and continued doing what I was. A couple minutes later, I glanced over at him and see he's still smiling. Is he high? The faceache never smiles around me for this long. Then, he turns to me.
"Why'd you do it?" His voice was unnaturally casual.
I roll my eyes, "do what exactly?"
He leans in closer to me in a way I've never seen him move. He's so calm, I wonder if he realizes who he's talking to.
"You know, hit me with your car?"
I roll my eyes and turn away from him. He was being an idiot, that's why. All flirty with some bird, made me sick to my stomach. In all honesty, I kind of felt sorry. I don't respond, I don't want to. After about a minute of silence, 2D takes the hint and awkwardly nods.
"Mu'doc?" His voice sounds slightly more normal, "what do you think of me?"
What kind of a question is that? I think to myself, he was obviously higher than a kite. Probably on those blasted painkillers. Maybe, he won't remember anything from this conversation...
I look away from him as I speak, "well, you know that girl you were talking to?" Though I wasn't looking directly at him, I could see him nod from the corner of my eye. "Well, I didn't exactly like her. I was meaning to hit her instead." Well, it wasn't entirely a lie... 2D looks at the floor, overthinking about what I've just said way too much. A few moments later, he opens his mouth, not quite certain what to say.
"W-well, why d-do you care who I talk to?" He sounds like he's almost afraid to speak.
I turn to him and smack him behind the head, he doesn't flinch in time and winces in pain as my hand makes contact with his stupid blue hair.
"I don't care who you talk to, dullard! I simply didn't like having her around my band, she seemed like trouble."
"Well I thought she was quite nice..." 2D mumbles.
I sharply glare at him and he covers his face.
Suddenly, 2D stands up and looks directly at me.
"Wait a second, but Noodle and Russel knew her before I did, and you didn't care!"
I was shocked. 2D, questioning me?! Bullshit!
I stare at him, wide-eyed and extremely pissed off. I'm not sure about what though, he did have a point.
He starts pacing back and fourth, not noticing his furious I am.
"That means... that means.. that means..." he perks up.
"That means you care about who I talk to! You, Murdoc, care about me!"
I wanted to beat the living shit out of him right then and there, but if Russ found out he'd beat the living shit out of me. 2D's face lit up, as if he cared what I think about him.
Honestly, he looked kind of cute when he was all happy...
AN
Thanks for reading, I'd love to know what you all think of this. Constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated❗️