Prologue

Rosemary wanted nothing more than to be alone, cause when your alone you aren't dragged into anything nor do you get hurt. No she wasn't a loner, she had friends and with those friends they were all different but in the end they all got along because of it. Rosemary was shy closed off girl, a girl who once was a bubbly and sassy like girl, to her friends she's exactly that but they notice why she closes her self from the world around her. The world, or just reality in general was a shit hole, you can either sink down with it or fight your way to keep yourself afloat. Rose made it her job to to protect herself from it, making herself the girl she is, Good girl, Straight A student, quiet and of course what everyone expects her to be. Accepting.

Now let's meet Jay shall we? He's what you can call is different. No, he's not the bad boy, no he's not some out cast either. Player? Not that either. A single label can't describe him in rose's opinion. He has what most say is a decent life, not perfect but decent. Of course life has many bumps in the road, for jay there has been a lot of bumps he's crossed some causing damage. From a adoptive mother who's left him and a mother who's having trouble connecting to him after the event. Jay is simple as it can get but also as complicated. Especially when he's off getting high with his friends to avoid his emotions that involve anything other than happy emotions.

When Jay runs into rose through a mutual friend, what will he think of the girl who instantly falls in love with him as he falls for her? The problem is, what will they do with the emotions they block out? How can they trust each other when they can't even trust themselves around the other. Jays unreadable actions and rose's impossible mind games get them no where. But when they're together, ecstasy fills the room.