Cinderelliot (boyxboy)

"A ball!" Exclaimed the King to the Prince.

"A . . . Ball?" Asked the Prince. The thought of so many people all dancing around all asking to be his partner was mortifying, "But, father-"

"No buts, we will have a ball and you will find yourself a nice young maiden. Oh, yes, Duke!" The King called out to his right-hand-man, "Would you give the orders to send an invitation to a grand ball at the palace? One for every eligible maiden in the kingdom!.."

The King continued with all sorts of decorations and such, but Prince Charming had long since stopped paying attention. This was the problem, he thought, he must tell the king. He couldn't possibly choose a fitting maiden.

"Father, would you please listen to me?"

"Not now, son, can't you see that I am busy?" He replied with his eyes locked on proofing the newly written invitation.

"But Father-"

"Not now, I said!" Prince Charming decided to wait. The king would find out in his own time that girls were not exactly the Prince's forte.

******

Elliot watched the bubbles appear on the floor and float away as he scrubbed the hard floor. It was ridiculous that he had to do this in the first place. He thought to himself, it could be worse, they could've left you to the streets. The streets were probably a better place than this though. He gazed out the window lost deep in thought.

A clicking sound grew as the two, snotty girls stepped down the stairs simultaneously. They looked to Elliot, who was looking through the window, and snickered as they approached him.

"Who you looking at, El?" Asked the first one in a mocking tone.

"Oh! Is there a cute boy out there?! Let me see!" Mocked the second one as they both ran over to Elliot, pushing him into the suds of his unfinished chore.

"Girls, girls." Their mother's voice sounded from the stairs, "Elliot knows the rules of this house. No courting any boys." She smiled a wicked smile and Elliot rolled his eyes. His stepmother never liked him, and when she found out he was gay, she hated him. He wasn't sure why, but it had got him a position as a maid in the house. If he was going to have the same love interests as a woman he was going to work as a woman.

She had him all over the place, scrubbing floors, cleaning keyholes, sweeping out the chimney. One time he had fallen, leaving cinders in everything. That earned him the nick name of Cinderelliot, which was used all too often.

The girls were about to continue mocking him when a rather regal knock came echoing through the house. The girls scrambled in the direction it came from but cleared their throats with a horrid noise and patted down their dressed before actually opening the door. A messenger stood there announcing the royal business and giving the letter it accompanied to the first girl to snatch it from his unsuspecting hands.

"Oh! Momma, Momma! Did ya hear that?" They screeched, "The King is having a ball! Oh Momma, I'm gonna marry Prince Charming!" Quickly, their fascination turned to bickering about who's name would sound better with "Charming" at the end. At the same time, Elliot secretly thought about the prince.

Elliot Charming. Yes, that fit quite well. Prince Charming was a very handsome man, it was no wonder all of the girls were fawning over him. But Elliot wished it could be him who would have the Prince. Though, he counted himself with the thousands of other people who would not stand a chance and continued his floor scrubbing as if the royal ball was not a concern of his.

But then a thought flickered in his head. Maybe he could go. He could masquerade as merely an escort. It would get him in and he could sneak a glimps or two of the prince. A smile lifted at the edges of Elliots mouth as he thought of this. How wonderful it would be to get out of that horrid house for once. How fantastic . . .