Chapter 22

Monday came faster than they knew it. Neither Liz, nor Matthew want to give Elizabeth back to Melanie. Liz, especially, loves the weekends when they have her because it brings out another side of Matthew that Liz does not see as often.

Once Melanie picked up Elizabeth, Matthew and Liz walk back into the house depressed. They hated seeing her leave because it leaves them nothing to do. "So, what do you want to do?" Matt asks. Liz walks over and sits at the island in the kitchen.

"I don't know," she answers.

"Hey, at least we have some time..."

"Time for what?" Liz questions. Without answering her, Matthew leans over her shoulder and begins to kiss Liz's neck. "Matthew..." she says, taking a deep breath to try to ease her arousal.

"Come on," he mumbles into her neck.

"I have to go to work soon," Liz closes her eyes and bites the bottom of her lip. Matthew abuses her neck until it starts to bruise, the. He moves to the back of her ear. "Matty, stop."

Matthew stops what he is doing and walks around Liz so that he is facing her. "What's wrong, babe?" he asks.

"I need to go to work. When I come home, we can pick up where we left off. Alright?"

"Sure," Matt smiles as Liz got up to get dressed.

Today at work was incredibly uncomfortable for Liz. Simon, the man she kissed, was her partner. When she walked into work, she immediately saw him standing from behind. She noticed it was him from the tattoo on his forearm. Not to mention his shaved head and buff body, that alone you could spot him from a mile away.

The second the clock struck nine o'clock at night, Liz ran out of her office faster than she has before. First, she just needed to get out of here, and second, she could not wait to get home and in bed with Matthew. She looked forward to it all day.

Not even a half an hour went by after Liz returned home before she and Matthew were in each other's arms. Liz had a feeling that tonight will be the night she finally conceives. This baby will be different. Liz will pray every day and night that it will be healthy. She and Matthew both want a girl so badly. The last thing they need is another baby boy to take the place of Trevor. Just the thought of it sent shivers down Liz's spine. Take the place of Trevor. No one could ever take the place of that baby boy. He was their first child.

------------------------

A few weeks go by and Matthew has Elizabeth for the week this time. Melanie went on vacation with her new boyfriend and asked Matthew and Liz if they wouldn't mind taking care of her. Of course, Liz agreed to it right away.

Matthew notices something different about Liz. He did not know what it is, but there was definitely something different.

"Hey babe, is everything alright?" he asks Liz.

"Everything is fine. Why?"

"You just seem a bit different."

"I do? Well I can reassure you that nothing's wrong.'

Matthew kissed the top of Liz's head, "Alright," he whispers.

The next morning, Liz wakes up to check on Elizabeth. She was sleeping so peacefully. Deciding to go back to sleep, Liz quickly goes to the bathroom before climbing back in bed.

As she was washing her hands, she looks to the right of the sink and saw a box of Playtex Sport tampons. Seeing that box lit a spark in Liz's mind. Her period. Liz goes out into the kitchen to where her phone is charging to check the date. She logs onto Pink Pad, an app used to track your period, ovulation cycle, and pregnancy.

Liz then sees that her period is a couple days late. Immediately, she runs into the bedroom to wake Matthew up. "Matthew!" she exclaims, "Matthew!" Hearing her shriek his name was bring Matthew back to the past with Trevor.

"Matthew! Matthew! Come here!"

It keeps playing in his head over and over again. "Matty!" she yells once more. He wakes up and meets her by the door. "Shh, you're going to wake Elizabeth. What's wrong?" Matt says, trying to calm her down.

"Remember when you were asking if I'm okay? Because you thought you noticed something different about me?"

"Yeah..." Matt whispers. 

"Well I was just in the bathroom and I realized that I missed my period! I was supposed to getting it last week, but I didn't. I guess I was too preoccupied with my case at work to notice!" she explains.

"Does this mean we're pregnant?"

"Well, no. Not really. But it might!" she says before Matthew lifts her off the floor. "That's fantastic!" he yells as he captures her lips in his.

They hear Elizabeth calling from the other room. "Daaaaddy!" she calls out. "Wiiiiizzy!" she yells for Liz.

"Oh, we woke her up! I'm so sorry, Matt," Liz apologizes. She runs into the baby's room to get Elizabeth. "Hey sweetie," Liz whispers. She cradles on the floor as if Elizabeth was her own. Liz wanted to nurture her and care for her as if Elizabeth was her daughter. Just so she does not turn out to be like a stereotypical stepmother. Liz wants Elizabeth to actually want to come and spend a couple nights with them. It worried her constantly.