Chapter 12- Sophie's P.O.V

(Btw the picture is foreshadowing... Hehe)

A/N Lauren and I have written a chapter!! Woohoo! *Throws confetti in the air*

We are writing a bunch of chapters ahead of time so you guys get updates every week- not like once a month.... Enjoy this chapter!! :DD

Nobody replied to the strange boy James. He was- admittingly- decently handsome from human standards. Now that I could see him, I realized that he was very tan, with kaleidoscope-like eyes that seemed to change color when he moved.

"-ophie, sophie, SOPHIE FOSTER!" I hear Dex say waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uh yeah?"

"You spaced out."

"Sorry." I mumble but looked up to see everyone staring at me.

I broke the silence and began introducing everyone.

"My name is Sophie Foster, though you probably figured that out, and this is Dex Dizznee, Keefe Sencen, Biana Vacker, and her older brother Fitz Vacker." I said pointing to each one of us.

James was staring at me while Fitz started to glare at him.

James blinked, "Sorry, you just remind me of my godmother." He said to me.

Fitz's eyes widened and he turned to me transmitting;

Do you think he could help us? He seemed like knows someone that looks similar to you- could that be your biological mom?

I don't know. Should we trust him? I transmitted back to him.

I think we should try.

We paused and we are about to ask him but Dex spoke up, "What were those monster thingys?"

"Well, you see, that dragon was a Hydra, a very dangerous monster. And the flying horses are Storm Spirits." James informed us as he cleaned his sword with a fairly large cloth, looking very experienced.

I couldn't help but notice he didn't look like an elf and yet vanquished those huge monsters, something that a human can't do under any circumstance.

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies." He stated calmly. I quickly closed my mouth and asked, "How did you kill it? Do you know where it came from?"

He cringed.

"Let's just say this is my life." He paused, studying them with a keen eye. "Though it makes me wonder why you were being targeted. Only dem-" He stopped from what he was going to say at the last second.

"Never mind."

Keefe's eyes narrowed and he was about to speak when Fitz cut him off, " Do you live around here?" he asked.

"Uh around the southern side, yeah."

"We are from out of town, could you help us find someone?" I jumped in glancing at Fitz.

James shrugged, "Yeah, sure. My summer camp is around here so I know the area pretty well."

"Does nobody else find it weird that he calls himself a 'dem'?!" Keefe jumped in.

James put his sword back into its sheath, "Well, my friends and I have a special club, and we call ourselves the Half-Blood's, and um we DEMonstrate uh- games. Yeah. Games. For kids, at our camp. So they call us the-uh-demonstrators. Yeah. "

Keefe raised a suspicious eyebrow, not buying it, but not pushing any further.

"Back to what we were talking before- who are you looking for?" James asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

"We are looking for my mom." I told him, not saying who it was. "The address is 376 Baker's St. Manhattan New York."

He gave us a weird look. "Okayyyy..."

"So can you lead us there?"

He smiled and looked at Keefe. "You like cookies, right?"

"What are cookies?" Keefe asked blinking slowly.

As James was describing the amazingness of cookies on the walk to the house, my backpack suddenly felt lighter than it was before...

A/N How do you feel about blue cookies?