Chapter 1

Zapata POV

I twisted in the arms that lay snaked around my torso to look into the eyes of Patterson, the woman I called home. Looking an inch past her head at the laser bright clock, I saw it was 6:21am, the alarm set to go for 6:30. I slowly lowered my gaze back down to the cascading long hair that led across her body, the curve of her hip accentuated by the single sheet that lay strewn across her.

She really was the love of my life.

I continued to admire her sleeping figure for a further few minutes before reaching across her and turning the alarm off before it rang out. I gently reached my hand out and rested it on her waist as she slowly began to squirm at the day. Bringing her arms up around her head, she let out a slow, low groan. Her hands wound their way to her head as she cleared the hairy mesh that blocked her vision from her beloved. I reached out to help move the hair away and smiled at her as she finally fully opened her eyes. Her steely eyes bore into mine as her face softened into a warm smile too.

"It's time to get ready for work baby" I said with a small smirk as Patterson flicked her legs over her side of the bed, her back completely exposed to the cold morning air. I moved closer to her and traced the trail of goosebumps now appearing on her skin. Resting my hand on her hip, I attached my lips to her neck, snuggling in and smiling as I did so. She moved her neck to the side and let out a small chuckle.

"We need to get ready" she half resisted. I pulled her back by the shoulders.

"Just 5 more minutes" I protested.

"No come on, I need to get in the shower" she said, but not really doing much to stop me.

"Can i at least join you?" I smirked, looking at her as she walked out of the room and towards the bathroom with my puppy-dog eyes. She glanced over her shoulder at me.

"No, Tash. Or we'll be late for work-" she paused. "-again" she followed up with a wink. I put on the best pout I could muster as I watched her grab a towel from the other room.

"No Tasha."

"Pleeeease." I persisted.

She shook her head with a laugh as she strolled across into the bathroom. I gave a small sigh before standing up and facing the wardrobe.

"Psst," I heard Patterson go. I whipped my head to see her peeking her head over the side of the door. "Come on" she whispered, with small hand gesture. My face formed a smile from ear to ear and I did a little skip over to where Patterson was standing in the threshold.