Chapter 2- The Dawn Princess

In Serpentine Hierarchy, you're not born into royalty, it's given to you through a series of traits you have that would make you the suitable heir to the throne. These traits are mostly personality wise but in most recent years it's come down to blood and powers. What I mean by this is having something called a 'Golden Aura' and possessing a Powerful Sigius ability. For the one 'ruling' it's their job to protect the entire population of serpentines and the Dawn Realm itself (ie the Order of life, making sure the food chain stays in place, that there's no evil threatening the existence of the realm). So, can someone explain to me why on earth would someone think I'm the right one for that role?! I am the least capable person for that role! First of all I have no idea what Golden Aura is, I assume it's not referring to colour, and I can barely use my shapeshifting ability properly, I try to turn into a leopard and I end up turning into a duck! Besides, I don't want this responsibility!

as you can see this situation frustrates me a lot.

The way someone becomes the heir is... a horribly effective way, when the current ruler finds a child/youth Serpentine possessing the correct traits, he or she will find then, knock them unconscious, take them to a 'Sacred Spring' (which is a big fancy word for a special lake that contains the soul energy of every fallen serpentine. It only appears at the end of a Ruler's rein), put them in the water which would completely wipe out their past memories and temporarily turn their scales into a silvery white colour and turn their feathers (fyi Serpentines sometimes have feathers ) gold, and they would also be gifted with extraordinary powers. From there on they would raise the youth into believing they were born for this throne and train them in how to run things. And when the previous ruler died the new one would take their place and repeat once their rein came close to its end

Now keep in mind there's a reason why this role is only given to one and it's given forcibly, it because no one wants that responsibility! So, before this method was a thing they tried to convince someone to take the role but it was extremely difficult and the ones that wanted the role were corrupt and only wanted the power. They didn't have any other choice but to wipe the memories and make them believe it was meant for them.

I didn't have a choice

Like others before me I was Snake-napped (heheh Snake pun for kidnapped X3) and placed in the water. I woke up just as my feathers had started turning gold, and most my memory was wiped. I didn't know much of who I was or any of my past, but at that point it didn't matter. (in all fairness, nothing really noteworthy happened to Candy before this point. She was born alone and has bad to take care of herself for all her life. She's just been doing everything she can to survive)

I jumped out of the water in quick pace and tried to shake off as much of that tainted water as I could! ((by tainted she's just showing anger, the water isn't tainted)). This understandably greatly shocked the Elder Serpent who was expecting me to stay in slumber while the transformation completed itself. I was extremely confused and afraid. The serpent tried to calm me down, hoping that my memory had been wiped already he tried to explain what was going on:

"Relax, you're in no danger. I know you're confused but you are about to start your journey to fulfil a great destin-" I interrupted him

"What are you doing to me?!" I screamed. I noticed my colour changed feathers on my tail, confused of my scattered memories and thoughts. I felt a surging energy coursing within me, a gentle warmness under my skin, tingling static in my blood like electricity. I could feel my heart beating with extreme force, like repeating punches in the chest, it was a lot more intense then what I was used to. The strength and power of the Ancient Rulers who came before me was now mine to wield. However, it was too much! I couldn't handle it! The gentle warmness quickly turned to agonising burning, it was boiling my blood and turning my fear into anger!

As my notice to this surging power grew, I became more aware of how little I could contain this power, like the reins to controlling my actions was slipping from my grasp. I tried to restrain myself from any movement, but soon I felt my control completely disappear, instinct took full control and the building Hatred fuelled the fire of my rage! The energy within me was beginning to pile up and it was becoming increasingly painful in its intensity.

I tried to scream but all that came out was a horrifying unnatural roar. I needed to release this energy before it tore me apart from the inside out!

The serpentine that stood before me was no longer someone I could show mercy to. He tried to speak to me, but I couldn't hear him anymore. I opened my mouth and a blast of multi-coloured flames burst out and burned his feathers and singed his scales.

"What have you done to me!?" I yelled at him in fury.

He was lying still on the ground but managed to talk back just barley

"Told you! You are next in line to take on the thron-"

"Don't want the throne!"

"You don't have a choice!"

I growled at him:

"Seems like I do now..."

Flames collected in my mouth as I walked closer to him with an uncontrolled rage burning in my eyes.

Now realising the grave mistake he had made; the Elder Serpent did the only thing he could think of to stop me.

Using the little power he had left, he opened a Starry portal beneath my feet. Like a puddle of magic liquid coloured like a nebula. The ground below me gave way and I fell through and transported to a unfamiliar location..

(Dun DUN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!)