{18} Waiting

Today is the day. I stared at myself in the mirror, makeup done. Honestly, I don't really care much about makeup and only put a little to cover my blemishes but today I actually decided to put somewhat effort into my appearance.

I was practically pointing out every single flaw, however. Of course I know that if Jack truly loved me he wouldn't care, but for some odd reason I felt obliged to make myself look as pretty as possible.

With one spray of perfume, I put on a pair of Adidas trainers and left my apartment.

As I don't drive, I took the bus. Usually the beeping sound when I placed my Oyster card down on the surface was something I didn't pay much attention to, but it made my heart flutter. I was one step closer to getting my love back, or possibly one step closer to straight up rejection. I walked further down and took a seat. I put my ear plugs in and decided that I would listen to an Usher song because I've always been a fan of his music and it can naturally hype me up or calm me down.

However, I payed little to no attention to the song. My mind was swarming with thoughts of doubt. This was my last chance to win back the heart of the pretty blonde boy with those sky blue eyes and one wrong move resulted in instant failure. I anxiously combed my hand through my hair which is something I tended to do when I was feeling this way.

Station by station I counted. The monotone voice that spoke on the London bus really wasn't helping my situation. At this state, I would much rather have words of encouragement than a robotic voice practically narrating everything.

At long last, the bus pulled up to the desired location. I walked out, clutching onto my phone in my pocket and made my way to the nightclub where everything first started. I saw it in the distance and crossed the road.

There was a bench nearby that I took a seat on. The blonde was late, as usual. Nothing new. But my mind thought different. What if he stood me up? What if he decided not to even bother with a second chance? Honestly, with the way that I used to treat him I wouldn't be surprised.

One minute of waiting quickly turned to two. Then two turned to five and five turned to ten. Ten turned to twenty then thirty and that's when realisation began to hit in- he wasn't coming. When he said he loved me it clearly was a lie. He was notoriously known amongst his friends for being a good liar. Besides, he even said that he was far too busy to settle down in a committed relationship. I'm not going to point fingers and start claiming that he's still immature because I know for a fact that he's well past that stage, but maybe he just needed to get his priorities straight, is all.

I hesitantly put my phone in my pocket and turned around to make my way back home when I heard an oh so familiar voice call after me.