Izo's Gift

Maiko ran to the nearest river with tears still spilling out of her eyes. When she stopped running she sat on a large rock near the edge of the water. There she attempted to dry her eyes, not aware of a pair of snake eyes that have been following her since she left. She then waved her hand over the water and as it rippled her father's face slowly appeared before her. "Hello, my dear daughter." Izo smiled warmly at her. 

"Hello, father." She said while attempting to smile back at him and act like nothing was wrong but quickly failed as more tears soon fell and his smile faded just as quickly into a frown. "Why does my daughter call me with tears? And where in the seventh hell is Sesshomaru?" Izo asked her with a slight growl of unhappiness. "I-I left the western lands to find m-myself a more permanent home," Maiko answered with a stutter before explaining what happened in the village not too far from her. Izo had declared he would take care of the village as he saw fit. 

He then asked her why she didn't feel at home with the mighty Dog Lord's son before seeing the snake demon in the tree behind her. "Father it's not like that..." She paused for a moment before speaking once again. "It's... it's more like... I wanted to find my mate and settle down... I'm a two hundred and fifty-year-old demoness, and most find their mate before reaching two hundred." She finished. 

"And Sesshomaru wasn't enough for you?" He asked to keep her talking so he could decide whether or not the demon above her was a threat to her or not. "No, ew. How could he be? He was never a candidate for me. He's my best friend. That'd be like mating my brother..." She told him honestly with a disgusted look on her face. Izo who had heard her did not respond to her but instead smirked as he realized the demon above her, silently watching her was not only not a threat, but also from a clan of demons that seek knowledge in everything and was about as strong as Naraku.

"My dear, I must go. I have other duties to attend to... but I'll not be leaving you empty-handed," he said and with a wave of his clawed hand a katana with demon wings on its hilt and a blood-red blade appeared in her open left hand, and a necklace with her clan symbol on it appeared on her neck. "The katana will help you if someone wishes harm upon you, and the necklace will show you where you wish to be." He informed her, leaving out that they would both glow bright red if her true mate was present which they both did and he smiled before disappearing.

" He informed her, leaving out that they would both glow bright red if her true mate was present which they both did and he smiled before disappearing

*This is what they look like in their glowing form*