Derek

Stiles tossed his bag in the back seat of his jeep.

"Going so soon?"

Stiles froze. He knew that voice. He turned to see the familiar smile of his best friend.

"Lydia?" Stiles frowned.
"What are you doing here?"

"Well a little birdie told me you were skipping town." Lydia put her hands on her hips.

"Damon." Stiles sighed. He should have known.

"Why are you leaving?" Lydia demanded. She knew how to get answers from Stiles.

"I don't belong here, Lydia." Stiles shook his head.

"Funny, you said the same thing when you left Beacon Hills." Lydia crossed her arms.

"Why are you here? To bring me home? To convince me to stay?" Stiles huffed turning back to his jeep.

"Stiles, what happened to the gorgeous blue eyed vampire you were falling for? I talked to him and he is head over heels for you." Lydia took a step towards her friend.

Stiles slammed his jeep door.

"I'm not right for him Lydia." Stiles growled as he walked back towards the house.

"You should really leave that up to Damon." Lydia said following Stiles inside.

Lydia spotted an opened box with a group picture. She picked up the frame. Allison and Aiden were in the picture.

"That right there, that's why I'm leaving." Stiles snapped grabbing a box.

Lydia put the picture back and quickly stood to block the door.

"What do you mean?" Lydia knew but she wanted to hear him say it.

"Three of those people are dead because of me." Stiles snapped again.

"You're not that person. You never were. It was a demon in you. You couldn't help that it chose you. It could have just as easily picked me or Scott." Lydia tried to get Stiles to understand.

"But it didn't. Scott couldn't even look at me. Issac, Ethan, Jackson, Derek...they left because of me." Stiles set the box down and placed a hand on Lyida's cheek.

"I didn't want to leave you. But I couldn't stay and watch anymore people I cared about die. But then half of them end up here. Derek's dead. Cora and Jackson are Klaus' hybrid puppets now. I don't know where Ethan and Isaac took off too. I almost got Damon killed. I got an innocent woman killed. I might not be physically doing the killings anymore but they're still dying because of me." Stiles' voice had risen.

"Just come with me to Damon's. We can talk about this." Lydia pleaded. Her one job was to either convince Stiles he wasn't chaos or get him to the Salvatore house. The convincing wasn't working.

"No, I'm sorry Lydia." Stiles shook his head.

"Me too." Lydia sighed before snatching the necklace from Stiles' neck.

"What the hell Lyd-"

Suddenly Stefan was in front of him.

"You're going to come with me and Lydia." Stefan said looking into Stiles eyes.

"Yeah, of course." Stiles nodded.

Lydia bit her bottom lip. She felt guilty but what other choice did she have? If she let him leave she may never see him again.

-

Stiles was brought inside of the Salvatore house.

"Stiles." Damon rushed towards him.