Seven

(Reiner)

He needed that lesson. He needed it. He had to have that lesson to know to stay away from Annie. Armin's too smart.He can see right through her, and spoil her secrets. He had to have that lesson.

"Reiner?.... Reiner?!" Bertholdt called taking me out of my thoughts. "You okay."

"When am I not okay?" I asked him. Bertholdt blinked.

"The night when we very first met Annie." He said. I gave him a glare.

"You promised. We promised we'll never bring that up." I told him. Bertholdt looked down at the table.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"Sorry, isn't gonna help." I said. I took one final look at Bertholdt, before I let my gaze land on my cup and took a drink. Annie then came.

"Oh, hey Annie. Where were you last night?" Bertholdt asked.

"I was in my bed." She replied.

"No you weren't. We waited for you right after you got out of the shower. Mina said you weren't there, so we waited. And waited. You never shown up. Where were you?" I asked.

Annie froze after she blinked.

Bertholdt and I waited for an answer. If she doesn't answer, not only will Bertholdt know too, but she was visiting that, that.....Armin.

I got up and stormed out of the mess hall.

(Bertholdt)

Reiner has became suspicious. Annie and I watched as he stormed out. He had something to do with Armin. But what part did he have to do with it?

After breakfast I walked with Annie around the area. Hoping for a usual conversation, trying to get the horrible morning past.

"Bertholdt." Annie said, while we were sitting in the grass looking at the trees.

"Yeah." I said looking up at her.

"Can you keep a secret....from Reiner?" She asked. I blinked.

"Sure. What is it?"

"It happened...16 days ago. The night Armin was raped." She said.

I looked at her curiously. Armin was raped?

"Armin...we....." She started. "We kissed."

I opened my mouth just a tiny bit, and my eyes were wide.

"What?" I asked.

"We also kissed the night before." She said.

"How long have you and Armin been a thing?" I asked.

"17 night's ago." She said. "When Eren brought me the bowl of soup to give to Armin that night."

"That's when it all started?" I asked. Annie nodded. She then turned her body to me.

"Bertholdt, you can't tell anyone about this. Especially Reiner. If Reiner finds out he will go to Armin and whisper threats into his ear, that Armin has a chance of hearing. Or he'll...." She stopped. I already had the words she was gonna say, in my mind.

Or he'll might make his condition worse.

Annie bowed her head. I sat more on my knees, and pulled her into a tight hug.

"There, there. No one is gonna know. Reiner isn't gonna know. It will just be you and me." I told her.

Annie didn't hug back. Of course. She just let her arms hang all limp by her sides.

I felt kinda upset. I wanted to kiss Annie all my life. But now my chance was over, because Armin got there first.

I can't tell her my feelings. I just can't.