☆I don't play☆

(Narrator's POV)
As if an uncanny meeting was arranged In the town square, a young River Phoenix sang his heart out in front of an audience of one little girl, no older than eight, who crossed her arms in disgust.She looked at him like he was a swine, irrelevant and irksome; his presence was like one of a insect , and he needed to be squashed immediately.

"How old are you, boy?" Her voice was elegant yet childish, with a hint of bitterness lingering on her tongue. Scowling, she held out dollar, and waved it in his face. "For your family." He took it gratefully (to be respectful and polite) , but on the inside he was screaming. What made this girl act so prissy and stuck up? River shoved it into his pocket and gave a half hearted smile, trying not to roll his eyes. "Ten, what's it to you?" He replied and kept his voice monotone. "I'm curious. How do you play the strings like that when you're a boy of simple means." Obviously, the prudent child had meant a boy belonging to a poor family, yet she had the courtesy to disguise her observations. "Well, it's simple. Let the music guide your fingers." She smiled for a bit, and motioned to a girl looking rather suspiciously at the two kids. "Who's she?" She asked, pointing to the other girl. "That's Rain, my younger sister...and I'm River." She chuckled arrogantly, rather loud for a young child, her blonde hair falling in her farce as she gasped for air. "River? Now that's a name you don't often hear in Winter Park!" River's expression turned gloomy and disappointing. "I like it. It's unique, you know. Phoenix is my family name. What about yours?" "I'm Roxanne Seale. And that's a name you better be remembering!" He laughed and placed two hands on her shoulders. "It's a pretty hard name to remember." They eyed each other for a few seconds, before the silence was broken by Rain coughing to attract their attention. "Do you play, miss?" Roxanne shook her head in dismay, secretly wishing she had the patience and will. "No, I don't. I have no need to sing for my supper." Rain stared at her, and she envied her pink, fluffy dress frock and expensive looking purse.
"This is my last shopping trip before I head back to England. Mummy and Daddy will find this story...interesting." She circled River and handled his guitar. "That I met a street rat called River Phoenix"

A/N hey! :) I'm new to wattpad so if y'all could vote and possibly follow...that'd be great! Also, drop a comment? I really appreciate feedback
😃