Chapter 2: Just Keep Smiling

Sonic's POV

I heard my alarm go off and that's when I knew it was time to wake up for school. "Sonic, wake up, we don't want to be late for school" Tails said while knocking on my door. "Alright Tails, I'm up" I said while sitting up. "Well hurry up so you can eat breakfast" Knuckles said loud enough for me to hear. "Okay Knucklehead, I'll be done in a second" I said while getting out of bed. I looked at my wrists and remembered what I did last night. I can't let Tails and Knuckles see, even my friends. I went to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth and brush my quills out. I went into my closet and grabbed some clothes. I put on blue jeans and a sweater to hide my cuts so no one will see what I've been doing to myself. "Sonic come on, you need to eat" Tails yelled from downstairs. "Okay I'm coming Tails" I said while grabbing my backpack and going downstairs. "Come on Sonic, go and eat we'll meet you at school" Tails said grabbing his bag. "Aren't you guys going to eat?" I asked confused why they're not going to eat. "We already ate while you were changing" Knuckles said while putting a plate with bacon and toast on the table. "Oh, sorry I took long" I said feeling a bit bad that I took a while to get ready. "It's okay Sonic, besides you're the fastest thing alive. You'll make it to school in no time" Tails said with a smile. "He's right Sonic, we'll see you at school, okay?" Knuckles said walking towards the door. "Thanks guys, I'll see you guys at school" I said while sitting to eat my breakfast that Knucklehead made. 

Normal POV

Sonic ate his breakfast and put his plate in the sink and was about to wash it until he saw that it was 7:50 AM and decided to leave the plate in the sink and wash it later. Sonic ran out the door and ran to school as fast as he can. "I only have 5 minutes to get to school" Sonic said while running through a park for a shortcut to get to school. He made it to school and ran to class as fast as he can. As soon as he made it to class the bell rang. Sonic sat at his desk looking around to see if Jet was anywhere. "Hey Sonic!" Silver said happily while tapping on Sonic's shoulder. Sonic got scared and blocked his face. "Uh Sonic, are you okay? You seem a bit jumpy" Silver said with concern in his voice. "Yeah of course, I'm okay Silver" Sonic said with a fake smile. "Are you sure?" Silver said with a worried look on his face. "Yeah, don't worry about me Silver" Sonic said with a thumbs up. "Well alright Sonic" Silver said convinced by Sonic's smile. Sonic felt relieved but he hates lying to his friends. Sonic laid his head on his desk and closed his eyes for a bit until "Hey cutie, last night was fun, wasn't it?" Sonic looked up to see it was Jet whispering in his ear. Sonic was scared and trembled a bit from Jet. "Y-y-yeah, last night was fun" Sonic said with fear filled in his voice. "I'll see you after class" Jet said while walking to his seat. "Hey Sonic I didn't know you and Jet were like best friends" Silver said with curious in his voice. "Oh yeah, me and Jet are great best friends" Sonic said with a fake smile. 

Sonic's POV

The class went by fast and I know Jet won't let me out of sight. The bell rang and I started packing my stuff and went out the hall, about to walk away until Jet grabbed my binder. "Jet, don't..." I said looking down. "What was that? Did you just tell me what to do?" Jet said while looking at me with a mad face. I got scared and didn't  know what to do. "Hey Sonic, you ready for our next class?" Shadow said coming from down the hall. I looked at Jet who gave me a look that shows if I don't stay then he'll hurt me badly. I looked at Shadow and fake smiled "Actually I think I'll stay here with Jet" I said while trying to hide my pain. "Are you sure Sonic?" Shadow said looking straight into my eyes and I looked into Shadow's ruby red eyes. I couldn't stop until I realized I dropped my walls down and immediately brought them back up. "Yeah, I'm sure" I said and Shadow was about to say something until Jet pulled me and took me to the bathroom. I was scared and kept on hoping that someone will save me. "You better not tell anyone about us or you'll get another punishment, do you understand?" Jet said with a mad face. I didn't respond and just looked down. "I said DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?" Jet yelled at me and squeezed my hand making me whimper. "Y-y-yes Jet, I understand" I said while closing my eyes tight. "Good, now since you didn't respond you deserve a punishment" Jet said while cracking his knuckles and I looked at him and shook my head. "Please Jet don't hurt me" I said while tearing up a bit. "Aww cutie, don't worry it will be over soon" Jet said with a smirk on his face and started punching and kicking me. A few minutes later Jet left and I got up and tried to cover up my new bruises. "Just keep smiling Sonic, no one can't know how you feel" I thought to myself. I went to class and the teacher looked at me. "Where have you been Mr. Sonic?" Mrs. Vanilla said while looking at me. "I was in the bathroom, I'm sorry that I'm late, I won't do it again" I said while walking to my desk. "It's alright, now get to work" Mrs. Vanilla said with a smile. "Hey Sonic you okay?" Shadow asked sounding a bit worried."Okay Sonic, just keep smiling" I thought to myself. "Yeah, I'm great Shadow" I said with a fake smile. "Well alright then" Shadow said sounding not too convinced. "I hope he can't see past through my fake smiles" I thought to myself. 

Author's note 

Hey everyone, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Comment down to let me know what you think of it so far! See you guys on the next chapter!