Chapter 5: I'm sorry

Upon Marineford---

"Come on come on! Where is it?!" 

Nami was completely anxious, only few minutes left but she had no idea where she was. She could hear and see nothing, just clouds around her. 

"Where is Marineford? It has to be here!"

Nami could feel the cloud below her was getting more and more lighter. She paled when she felt the cloud under her had vanished and the gravity embraced her.

"Noooooooo!!!!"

Time is up, ready to land.

Down the Marineford---

When everyone was cheering for the end of the war, Shanks and the others took Ace and Whitebeard back to their ship. Marco the Phoenix flew to Shanks, he looked at the bodies of Ace and Whitebeard, trying to keep his tears.

"Red Hair, thank you..."

Shanks nodded and signaled Beckman. The Vice captain and Yasopp and the others brought the bodies into the cabin. Suddenly, a high pitch screaming from the sky and next was a loud crack on their ship. Lucky Roo followed the sound and rushed to the back of the ship.

"What is going on?! Lucky Roo?" Yasopp yelled. 

Soon, Lucky Roo returned to them with a shocked look. "Captain! There... there is..."

Shanks showed an interesting look. Yasopp looked at Lucky Roo impatiently. "Spill it! What is it? Enemy?" 

Lucky Roo stopped panic, took a deep breath and yelled loudly. 

"THERE'S A GIRL ON OUR SHIP!"

Everyone was shocked, including Shanks and Beckman.

"WHAT?!"

When Nami opened her eyes again,  she saw an unfamiliar ceiling. All she could remember was the cloud evaporated and she fell down from the sky... 

"What is this place?!" 

Nami jumped off the bed and realized her weapon was gone. At the same time, the door opened and a man with a cloak of starry patterns came in. He waved to Nami with a smile.

"Hey, are you alright? That is really surprising, a girl falls on our ship suddenly."

Nami looked at the man carefully, thinking what is going on. The man smiled gently and stood next to the door, keeping some distance from her. 

"Don't worry, we are no harm to you. Do you know where you are?"

Nami shook her head slowly. The man opened the door and waited for her.

"Well then, follow me."

Nami hesitated face made the man smiled helplessly, went out the room first. 

"Come on, don't be afraid."

The man gave Nami an encouraging smile. Somehow Nami felt this man was familiar, where have they met before...

Nami followed the man to the board and saw many faces. When Nami showed up, everyone stopped their work and stared at her. 

W-what? Nami though nervously.

It seemed a bit scary when everyone staring at her. The guy next to her laughed loudly and shook his head.

"Hahahaha! Ignore them, they just haven't seen a woman for a pretty long time."

Nami looked at him and gave him a nervous laugh. The man led Nami to the front of the ship and met the others. When they got closer, the others stopped their conversation and looked at Nami. 

At that moment, Nami finally realized who they were.

"Benn Beckman?! And Lucky Roo?!"

Beckman nodded and Lucky Roo waved his chicken leg to Nami. 

"So, who are you? How do you fall on our ship?" 

Shanks smiled and moved to Nami. The latter was completely shocked and couldn't say a word. Shanks waved his hand in front of Nami.   

"Hey, are you alright..."

Before Shanks could finish his words, Nami released a high pitch scream.

"Ahhhhh!!! I'm on the Red Hair Pirates' ship?!"

Everyone was scared by Nami's screaming and moved backward. Unfortunately, Shanks was the closest person to Nami and therefore he took most of Nher high pitched screaming and fell backward.

"Captain?! Are you alright?!"The other crews rushed to Shanks and pulled him up. 

"Geez...Young girl, your scream is really powerful." Yasopp complained. 

Shanks got his consciousness back quickly and stood up slowly. "Well,well. Please don't scream too loud, it's hurt. Anyway, who are you?"

Beckman turned to his captain who was having a stupid face, sighed in defeat.

"Cat Burglar Nami, the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates."

Shanks showed an understanding face after Beckman's explanation. "So you are Luffy's crew? What are you doing here?"

Nami finally remembered her purpose of being here. She grabbed Shanks's shoulder tightly, looked at him nervously.

"Where is Luffy? Is he fine? What happened in the war?"  

When Nami saw Shanks's gloomy facial expression, she got a bad feeling.

"..the war is over, Luffy had been taken by Trafalgar Law. He seems like having serious injuries."

'"..how about Ace?...where is he?"

When Nami mentioned the name of Fire Fist, everyone became silent. The deadly silence made Nami's legs began to shake and she started to feel difficult to breathe.

"Answer me, where is Ace?" 

She repeated her question with a shaking voice. Shanks knew he could no longer keep the truth to Nami, he took a deep breath before spilling out the truth.

"...Ace... is dead."

When Nami heard the news, she fell down and sat on the ground. She couldn't believe that man, the man called Fire Fist, dead? And her captain...watched his brother died in front of him, died because of him.

'"..So you guys didn't make it on time, huh?...You are one of the Yonko, aren't you? So why can't you save them?!" 

Nami held her fist tightly, tried to conceal her fury. Even her hands began to bleed due to her tight grip, she ignored the pain and the blood. Shanks didn't answer Nami's question, just looked at her.

After a deadly silence, Nami stood up and turned around. "... I want to be alone, please."

Beckman nodded and brought her back to her room. After she locked the door, she slid down from the door and sat on the floor. She placed her forehead on her knees.

"...I'm sorry, Luffy...I'm so sorry..."