Prolouge

*Kakashi pov (age 3)*

"Father why has mum's tummy been so big?" I ask my father.

"Your mother is pregnant son." Father tells me whilst we walk.

"Is that why we are going to the hospital?"

"yes, Kakashi your mother is giving birth to your baby brother," father replies.

We enter Konoha hospital and father asks the nurse to take us to mother, when we get to her room the doctor tells us that she has started to give birth so we have to wait outside of the room. We hear screaming coming from inside mothers room, I get worried and try to enter, but father stops me and tells me that this is normal for it also happened when I was born. Suddenly lady Uchiha comes over with her new born baby, "There's no need to worry Kakashi dear, this happens with all mothers," she tells me in a sweet voice, then she goes over to father.

"It appears that your second child will be in the same age group as my adorable first born, Itachi."

"Indeed it does,"

"I truly hope that they will become good friends, or maybe even more. All the best to you two." With those parting words she walks away from us both.

Finally the screams have stopped, we are told that we may enter the room now. I immediately rush over to mother. She looks so pale and ill, but she has I wide smile on her face as she sees me come over. In her hands she is holding a small bundle which my baby brother is wrapped up in.

"Kakashi this is your little brother, Ryu Hatake, take good care of him and protect him."

"I will mother I promise." the baby was so small but chubby.

"Mistress Hatake, we must take your son for the tests now." The doctor says.

"Ah, yes, of course, thank you." Mother says as she hands Ryu over to the doctors, who take him out of the room. "Kakashi, Sakumo take care of each other and of Ryu, ok. I'm afraid I won't be with you for much longer."

"What do you mean mother!" I gasp out in shock, in return she just smiles at us one last time as she takes her last breath and the heart monitor goes still. "NO!!" The doctors rush in quickly but it is to late, she is gone.

if things couldn't get any worse an Anbu appeared in the room telling us that Orochimaru has kidnapped Ryu and has disappeared.