| I: ❝The Wicked Ones❞

CHAPTER i:THE WICKED ONES

CHAPTER i:
THE WICKED ONES

     For the first time in Kleo's life, she has an uneasy feeling. Not because she was nervous, far from really, but from the fact that Auradon made her skin crawl. The many faces that passed the limousines window filled her with disgust. With their faces contorted into smiles that didn't look fake or the slightest bit of wicked. The land was beautiful and healthy and green, with perfectly manicured lawns and nicely trimmed hedges, not at all dead. The air was clean, unlike the polluted atmosphere The Isle had because of the sweatshops and factories. And the worst part of all was that the school looked an awful like a castle, a palace even, and too extravagant and too exaggerated to even be considered a school. Talk about extra.

     As the limousine pulled up to the school, the sound of Auradon's band could be heard playing a cheery tune. There were many rosy-cheeked students lined up to get the first looks at her and her friends. It was like the freak show had come to town and everyone wanted the first glimpse. The students were all clean and prim and proper, nice looking, soft even, and not rough around the edges like how the villains and sidekicks were back on The Isle. She assumed they were all too nice―which was outrageously weak and pathetic of them―and were too gullible to think that villain kids would be nothing like their parents. That it was alright to pet the animals. They were in Auradon alright and Kleo really wanted to go back to the slums and darkness she gladly called home.

     As the three girls climbed gracefully out of the limousine, behind them, Carlos and Jay viciously shoved their way out.

     Carlos tumbles to the ground, as he plays a very aggressive game of tug-of-war with Jay over a red cloth. Jay's foot atop of Carlos' chest, pinning him to the concrete, but Carlos wasn't going to give up so easily to Jay. Carlos, with his scrawny arms, pulled with all his might, as chocolate stains his fingers and his mouth from all the candy he ate in the limousine, making them sticky.

     "Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop!" shouts Carlos, in pain. "You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?"

     "Because you want it!" Jay had simply replied, still fighting Carlos for the piece of cloth. As if that would top all the electronic equipment that was stuffed into his leather jacket, making it look tremendously bulky and obvious he was stealing something.

     "No! Give it to me! Ow! Let go!"

     Kleo rolled her eyes at the sight. First, the disgusting sight of Auradon and now her best friends were tainting their first impressions! This unplanned trip to the Pride Lands was already going how she wishes it hadn't: terrible. "I'm surrounded by idiots," she mumbles, pinching the bridge of her nose.

     Evie was paying no mind. She was too busy being in awe of the glorious green landscapes and the perfect rainbows and nonstop blue skies of Auradon. But Mal looked just as annoyed as Kleo, shouting over her two best guy friends to get them to stop fighting and somewhat behave. "Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience."