Mistakes

"You good bro?" G asked looking down at me laying on my bed.

I came to Chicago to see my family, and explain all the shit that happened. My mom was watching the boys while I tried to sleep but I kept having the same dream.

"Yeah, I keep having these dreams man." I replied putting my head in my hands.

"She gone be straight, you know how strong that girl is." He smiled

"Yeah.. I hope so. Shit driving me crazy." I said leaning up and popping my back.

"We about to go eat, get dressed." He said then walked out the room.

I checked my phone to see if the hospital called, or Lani's mama, but nothing.

"Daddy!" I heard BJ yell running through the house looking for me.

I came to the top of the stairs and saw him looking up then climbing the stairs fast as hell once he saw me.

"Hey fat man." I smiled meeting him half way and picking him up.

"Nana take us to a park." He smiled pointing at nothing in particular in the room.

"Yeah? You had fun?" I asked walking to the bathroom.

"Yes, Jace sleepy."

"He just need a nap that's all." I said getting my toothbrush out and running water over it.

BJ sat on the counter swinging his legs and watching me, he was so calm with all the shit that was going on. I didn't now how to explain nothing besides saying mommy needed to get some rest for a while, even that felt wrong cause I didn't know what to even think.

"I gotta go eat with uncle G lil man." I said carrying him downstairs once I was dressed in my sweat suit.

"Okay daddy." He said then putting his head down on my shoulder.

"You wanna go?" I asked hoping he would say yeah since I just missed him.

"Yes." He smiled picking his head up to look at me.

I met G and Shawn downstairs and we all headed out to wherever we was going. I couldn't stop thinking about my dream, it felt too real, and I kept having the same one over and over.

We got to the breakfast spot finally and I realized how hungry I was for real. I wasn't eating much and I lost a lot of weight just off being stressed and not sleeping enough.

"I want pancakes daddy." BJ said looking at the picture of food from the menu.

"I got you buddy."

"You talk to Lani family B?" Shawn asked.

"Not today, her mom been asking about the boys but that's it."

"What about ha hoe ass brother?" G asked sliding down a little bit in his seat.

"I ain't tryna even hear that nigga voice man. I'll kill him if I see him dead ass." I said shaking my head.

Cairo chose a bitch over his family, then her crazy ass was sisters with Mika. Both them bitches was retarded and i'm glad I got off for killing them. I'll do it again if I could, Lani ain't deserve none of that.

"If he had some to do with that shit i'll kill him for you. Lame ass Jon B looking nigga," G said looking at his menu.

"G shit if he did ain't no talking I'm—"

My phone started ringing and I looked down to see who it was. It was the hospital Lani was in.

"Yo?" I asked sitting straight up.