Part 1

Note: Hey! So this story was actually written for my friend but I thought i'd share it here as well!! It's not my best story but still, I hope it find you well and helps you smile <3

Enjoy!

Our Melody

The sun had just begun it's rising journey across the sky as you found yourself behind the counter in a small, cozy coffee shop. There weren't many people that came in at five in the morning, and your coworkers didn't come in until later so the air of the cafe was calm and peaceful.

You loved these mornings. As you prepared everything for the shops busy day ahead, you would sing. And it was so liberating, to be able to sing when no one was around, freely and without holding anything back, you sang.

Every morning would start with a familiar tune, a calming melody that you would quickly change and rearrange making something completely new. Your own words, thoughts, and song singing in harmony with the morning birds.

But this morning, a jingle from the doorbells cut your song short as a hefty looking business man came waltzing in, looking like he literally had the whole world in his hands as he walked up to the counter. You turned to greet him with a kind smile, your gaze being met with the man's eyes glued to his phone.

He couldn't be too much taller than you, yet something very masculine radiated off of him. His short black hair waving back and forth, gently brushing the top of his thin eyes as he looked down, groaning in annoyance towards his electronic.

"Expresso. Make it strong and make it fast." The man spoke in a deadpan voice along with a wave of his hand.

Annoyed by the man's bossy aura and unfriendly tone you silently mouthed, "Woow." In disbelief as you turned to start brewing the coffee. The man stayed silent behind you, eyes never leaving the small screen in his hands.

When you returned with the coffee, sounding off the price as he messily put a few bills on the counter, quickly grabbing the drink and turning on his heel to leave. You stayed there in utter disbelief at the man's haste, as soon as he left you yelled, "You know a thank you wouldn't hurt!"

Shaking your head, you ran a hand through your hair. Sighing as you turned your attention back to the money, "Aish who does he think he is anyway. Mr. I'm a businessman who's got money so rules of kindness don't apply to me hahaha." You spoke sarcastically to yourself as you counted the dollars.

Your eyes grew wide as you realized how much he had left.

_

After coffee shop duties, you head straight to class. Lectures filling your afternoon and late evening, some are more interesting than others but nevertheless you work hard and try to stay engaged during all of them.

However, the events from earlier, specifically the man who had interrupted your peaceful morning of song, had stuck with you. You weren't sure why but the image of "Mr. know it all" wouldn't leave your thoughts...maybe it was because of how much money he left...or maybe it was his unfriendly aura...maybe it was-

"y/n!" A familiar voice yelled the second class ended, shaking you from your thoughts as you packed your notes in your bag and looked up, "Hey Hobi."

But the bright heart shaped smile of your best friend quickly fell as his tone filled with worry, "Wait y/n is something wrong? Did you do alright on the exam?"

Shaking your head, you replied with a soft smile, "No no, just a rude customer at work today is all. Nothing to worry about." Playfully you hit the boy's shoulder, "Are you doubting my abilities?! Of course I got an A on the exam."