Vengeance

PROLOGUE

(September 30)

It had been going on for weeks. The mocking and scorn. All because she liked Green Day. She was so done with this man. Sadık Brown.  Ugh. Even his name brought disgust. She didn't know how he was aware that she liked Green Day, but this is where she drew the line. This disgrace. His most recent messages were disrespectful jokes, not that she was innocent of making them, but it was the WAY he made them. Mocking the meaning of 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.  The sheer disrespect towards her and the entire bandom had her furious. She had asked him to stop and told him that the song was about Billie's father dying, and that he needed to be more considerate.

The most recent message:

"No, the song is about sleeping through the month of September"

That made her so mad.

She had backed up her claim from multiple sources, yet he still persisted. She knew she was right. She had seen the videos about the song history and knew the words by heart. The man intentionally mocked this song. Changing the lyrics to sully the meaning and "prove his point". The correct lyrics are "as my memory rests but never forgets what I lost wake me up when September ends."  And "like my father's come to pass, the innocent can never last..."

He changed it to "as my memory rests but never forgets the sleep I lost..." and "like my father's passed out the tired never last".

That just pissed the girl off. Pushed her over the edge. Suddenly, her phone dinged.

"New group message from: Papa__Romano to: you, Can, iiceicebby, mattiewilliams, and 28 others

'Where'd everyone go?' "

Such a simple text deserved a simple reply.

"To: Papa__Romano and 31 others

'Sorry I was busy. What's up?'"

Romano sent back a message in response.

"New group message from: Papa__Romano to: you, Can, iiceicebby, mattiewilliams, and 28 others

'There's no one around. It's odd. Did I miss something?' "

The girl hadn't realized it in her anger, but it was very quiet.

She quickly typed out "Idk but I'll be right there" and sprinted the three blocks over to Papa Romano's.