THE EMPTY CHAMBER

"You sure we can find something useful here, Ellis?" Nick scoffed as he looked around the perimeter along with Rochelle and Coach. " Yes, I'm sure. They've got awesome guns here, shit ton of ammos as well, my buddy Keith used to stay here before I joined you guys."

"This better not be a waste of time, last time you took us to this goddamn house filled with fuckin' traps." Nick again replied, but with more impatience. Ellis just kept silent, continuing on his way to this empty chamber, he stopped there and looked around for the switch.  "They keep their guns and ammos here, for the sake of them probably gettin' back here and take some weapons." Eventually Rochelle found the switch, she pressed it and the four waited for it to open. While waiting, they heard a gun reloading behind them and there, a person pointing a gun at them. Rochelle could tell she was a woman, due to obviously slim frame. She had a skull mask on, they couldn't see her face, and wearing almost completely black.

"What are you doing..?" The masked woman asked, Ellis dropped his weapons and raised his hands in the air. "We were just lookin' for loot, Ma'am."

"What you're looking for is not there anymore." She replied, "Where the fuck is it then?" Nick boomed, The woman liked his fire, but not his attitude. "You're talking to her right now."

Ellis' eyes widened, soon muttering every swear word he could say. "Why would they hide you in that chamber?" He asked, she turned her heel and walked off. Nick soon followed behind and lost track on where she has gone to. "Fuck. That woman doesn't tell us shit, I'll kill her." The male said, "Calm down, Nick. We just met her, she may or may not be our ally, but we'll hope she will be." Rochelle added before walking out with Coach, who was leading them out of the laboratory, Ellis followed behind then Nick. The safe house was close, and the group were outnumbered even so when the tank came. They fought their way until the tank was shot in the head with precision, the overly-muscled infected collapsed and the rest of the zombies that were hit with those bullets dropped in one blow. The four turned to see the same masked woman they talked to previously, she attached her pistol to the side of her thigh as she stared back at the group.

When Coach, Rochelle and Ellis were busy trying to figure out who she was, Nick stepped up and pointed his gun at her. "Who the hell are you? If you're here to kill us, I'll shoot you where you stand."

The woman went over and stood a few feet away from the male, letting his gun point to her chest as she looked up at him. "What if I'm not here to kill you all but instead have the same purpose like the rest of you?" She and Nick stared daggers at each other, thankfully Ellis stood between them. "Can we please stop fighting and just take it somewhere other than in the middle of the street?" The two just stepped back and just followed the group behind with their constant muffled fights.  They arrived shortly in the safe house, barricaded where they just entered before taking a long break for a while. Unfortunately, there were only two First aids in the safe house and only 4 beds to sleep in. "Well, that's convenient." Coach sighed and sat down on one of the beds, placing his guns on the side. "You guys just sleep, I'll stay by the door and guard the place." The masked woman suggested, turning her heel, "Are you sure you don't want to get some rest? " Rochelle asked, "don't worry, been hunting alone for a while, I'm used to this."

-----

Ellis woke up from his sleep, he had a view of the woman they just met, he could see her ash brown hair resting on her shoulders, her eyes
Her eyes were like stars in the night sky, yet it had a hint of mystery.
"Can't sleep huh..?"
Ellis jolted, he never knew he was caught spying on her, sitting up and ran his fingers through his hair before putting his cap on. "Y-Yeah, I guess.." When he looked up to look at her again, she was now again covered with that skull mask. Why would she hide that face?
She nodded as she continued to guard the place, she looked like she was well-trained, built for protecting and fighting. He wondered why she hasn't told them her name, but he brushed it off and just ask her tomorrow. He stood up and joined her guarding, Ellis was a bit taller than her, but still her aura was  intimidating. A few hours it was dawn, the other three woke up from their sleep and started to prepare their things to get to the next stop. The masked woman already was checking outside, shooting the infected and moved ahead like she knew where she was going. But honestly, she just wants to survive more or less. She fought off the hunter with finesse and ease, like she has been fighting these zombies for years. Nick was stunned at the sight, making him for an easy target for the Smoker, it caught him, wrapping its tongue around the man but was killed instantly by the same woman whom he was watching. Nick didn't have a thing for women nowadays when the flu came, but this woman,
She's an exception.

---