•Chapter 18•

Celeste

Once I got to the pack hospital, I was told to head to the waiting room while the doctor's check out Jack's condition. He was moved to the pack two weeks ago when his body went into shock. After that, me and Cat decided witches weren't the best person to take care of a werewolf.

"Luna?" My head snaps up at the doctor standing before me. "You can go see him now." Following the doctor out of the small room and down intricate halls, I find myself standing in front of two large doors in the more private section of the hospital. Knocking lightly on the double doors, I enter when I hear a raspy voice whisper for me to come in. "Jack? It's me." I peek my head into the doors and smile brightly when I see Jack sitting in his hospital bed, trying to fiddle with the TV remote.

"Celeste, you're okay." He tosses the remote to the side, completely forgetting about it as he opens his arms up for a hug. I gladly rush over and bury myself into the ruff fabric of the hospital gown covering Jack's shoulder. "I'm okay?" I chuckle lightly as I hold back un-shed tears. "You were in a car accident and placed in a coma for weeks. How can you be worried about me?"

Pulling back, I smile down at him before resting in a nearby chair. "You were kidnapped by Alpha Roman. Cal told us. We were on our back here when the car flipped."

"He told you and Jake?" I turn my attention towards the witch who is slowly backing out of the room as we speak. "Why would you do that? You knew if they thought one of us was in trouble, they'd back track." He holds his hands up in surrender as he begins to speak, but Jack cuts him off.

"Celeste, calm down. I called him and asked to see if you guys were safe. He was freaking out and I overheard his friend talking about their plans to get you back. Putting two and two together, I called everyone else and we planned to meet up in the forest." Turning my glare on him, I stand up and make my way to the side of his bed.

"I told you, no stops, no distractions, and no contact with anyone until you are safe. You broke all three rules. Rules that I set-up to keep this from happening by the way." I gesture to his cut and bruised form before plopping back down into my chair. "What is the big deal, Celeste? I got in a car accident, so what? I'm fine, Jake's fine and everyone else is probably just sitting around waiting for us."

I swallow a lump in my throat, exchanging a quick glance with Cal, I turn back to Jack. "You don't remember?" His eyebrows scrunch together as he slowly shakes his head. "Jack," I hold onto his hand, giving it a slight squeeze. "The car flipped because someone ran you off the road. Someone called an order out on everyone in the family."

"Are they okay? Are they here too?" He stares at me intently. "I don't know, Jack. When we got to the sight of the wreck's, no one was there. We've been trying to track them, but someone covered their scents. We think they were kidnapped."

"What about Jake? If they didn't take me then they didn't get him either, right?" I stare at him with sympathy, silently giving him his answer. "Why would they take him and not me? Why would they want to take any of us?"

"When the wreck happened, you didn't have your seat-belt on and it caused you to fly out of your seat. You were tossed out of the car and into a field. I guess they didn't see you or weren't informed properly that there were two of you, but this can be a good thing. With you here, you can tell us everything from that day and maybe that'll help us find a clue."

"I don't think I'll be any help, I can't remember much." Jack looks down to his lap, his face scrunching up as he tries to remember something. "It's too hard, Celeste." He removes his hand from mine, rubbing his temples as I assume a headache is forming.

"Okay, it's okay. We'll get you some pain medication. I'll just dim the lights, and then I'm going to need you to close your eyes and concentrate as hard as you can. Can you do that Jack?" He gives a quick nod and I send Cal off to find a doctor while I toned down the blaring white lights surrounding us.