Chapter 3: William's skills

Wally

I couldn't believe that Oliver has a son, and most of all, the only person that he told was Barry?!?

When he gets out of the Speed Force, I will personally be irate at him, for keeping it as a secret for so long, and how come that Ollie never mention it to us in the first place?

As we go through Central City, I see William trying to catch up with the Green Arrow. 

The Green Arrow smiles a bit, knowing it's going to be a fun experience since this is a first time having a close family member to follow in his footsteps.

"You're doing great, my son. You'll get use of this lifestyle as a habit sooner than you think." The Green Arrow said, trying to cheer him up.

The new Superhero has a similar outfit to the Green Arrow, but has a reddish grey hood and covering his identity with a mask.

"Dad, this is going to be weird." William said, looking at the city nights.

Oliver chuckles, "It's going to be fine, William. Think of it as your first outing with your dad." 

I said, "You'll be great kid." 

Iris said, "Guys, I hate to interrupt this bonding moment, but there's a mega human on the loose." 

I used my speed as Ollie and Will follow my lead. 

William uses one of his arrows in a split second, as if his instincts were on point, which causes the villain to be in total surprise of seeing him for the first time.

"Nice shot, kid." I muttered under my breath still amazed of the talent that he has gotten with his first battle.

William

I can't believe that I'm actually fighting alongside Kid Flash and the Green Arrow! I used the same tactics that Father taught me and he was actually smiling for once.

"Wow, I'm impressed, Will. You know how to shoot an arrow in a split second in a battle and you didn't flinch. 

I guess that you inherited my stubbornness."  He said, as he pulls an hanger slide and I followed his lead into battle.

As we finished the battle, we headed to Star Labs where Iris, Catelyn, and Joe were waiting for us.

"Amazing job, you guys. Barry would be amazed of you." Joe congratulating us, which I begin to blush with total embarrassment.

"It's not that special. I'm still new of being a hero. " I replied, which the man was curious about my history. 

"So... Will, how did your father realize that you were his son in the first place anyway?" Joe asked.

"Well, I guess he always been so direct about answers, I think. I didn't know that he isn't just the mayor of Central City, but he had a whole different life, a vigilante. The Arrow. " 

Joe chuckles, "You should've seen Iris's reaction when she found out about Barry being the Flash. 

She always had a hunch but things turns out for the better or worse. As a father myself, I just know that I would've been excited and more prouder that my son would find his own way in life, vigilante or not." 

Thinking about that was quite interesting. Do I really want to have high expections of being a son of a hero?

As I was thinking, my father came in, "Hey, Will, do you want some company?"

"Sure." I replied quickly as I leave Joe . 

Oliver

I know it's a lot for me to grasp. I basically not expect of having a son, or what it takes to be a parent mostly because I wasn't one in all of my life. 

It's all because of being the Arrow, I had sworn an oath to be able to protect the people I loved, which included William. 

Of course that it wouldn't be an easy task for me mostly because of the enemies I've made in the past, and that now that my best friend is in trouble, I knew I shouldn't be too risky than I originally thought. 

"Dad, is there something on your mind?" Will asked, as I sigh, "It's just a lot to handle. I mean I never imagined myself being a parent, and ... my past isn't all too thrilling as you may think." 

"Oh. " He said, as he picked up a bow and I was gazing at it. "I know that you are worried about me, and you're not the only one. 

Being in the world of heroes may be a big, big responsibility, and things aren't go as they planned to, but if we worked together, we might get the upper hand somehow and save Barry from the Speed Force. " 

I couldn't believe how smart he was, or that the fact that he would chance the opportunity of a face an enemy he never faced before. 

"Are you sure you're ok with this, being a vigilante, you can always change your mind." 

Willam looks at me with pure confusion, "What do you mean that i have the choice to change my mind?

I know that you being a vigilante isn't going to be an easy thing to master overnight. All of this is new to the both of us. 

Give yourself some pure credit. It's not everyday you find out that you're related to the Arrow! Besides, once we get back home, we'll definitely need a long conversation with Mother about keeping secrets from me." 

I chuckled. I am pure amazed of how calming my son took on this life, either that the truth will be figured out either Samatha tells him or not. 

I kind of wished that I stood Barry's advice sooner, about telling him sooner than later, and that he wouldn't be in dire situation back at that island. 

As I was lost in my own thoughts, Wally knocked at the door. William asked, "Is something wrong, Wally?"

"Yeah, I think that we have bigger problem more than wee realized." 

We exchanged looks at each other, as we went to follow the young speedster, as we did, our eyes were stunned of what we saw. 

I said, "Well, that is so much like a problem alright."