Chapter 38: Nicole

It wasn't hard to forgive him. I mean, I have to be honest. I didn't actually hate him. I was just mad at him and at myself. I was mad at him for leaving me just like that, but I was mad at myself for not giving him everything he deserves. I was mad at myself for always giving Eric a room in my heart. I was mad at myself that no matter how big my heart had swelled up, I always seem to squeeze Eric in there.

I was mad at myself for not giving Nash my all. Honestly, Nash gave me his everything and I what I returned to him were bits and pieces.

And when Quinn and I finally made up, of course I would tell her about Nash and me. Though, I couldn't be fully honest to her. If I was going to be there for her as she was there for me, I would need to be strong for her. I shouldn't be in the state of remorse. I needed to be her anchor as well.

Nash was my weakness and always will be. I just kept it to myself until Quinn noticed it. She saw that Nash was more to me than Eric was. She saw who my first choice was. And when we both had to face the North Brothers, we both knew that we needed each other for support. In all honesty, they were our biggest weakness.

Nash will always be the one that tears my wall down. And what happened in my hotel room have proved it, just like how he tore my wall down over the summer, the time we got to spend time together.

He didn't even have to do anything but be truthful to me. That was how strong he was to me and how weak I was to him. Right now, I needed my best friend.

Quinn is the only one who can help me solve this. When Nash left my room, I felt all the guilt rushed into me. After, I tried contacting Quinn but I was sent to voicemail.

When I stepped in the van with the others, it meant I have to make my own decisions by myself. At the moment, all I can think about is how I was so screwed. After Nash's confession, I knew I was in dipshit.

I was feeling all sorts of emotions and thoughts about Nash.

He was seated at the front passenger seat next to the driver. He has his earphones plugged in his ears with his Ray Ban shades over his eyes. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping or something. The whole ride to the beach, he was quiet. All the while, I stared at him.

Once we got to the beach, Ryland and I headed to the sands and set up our umbrellas and blankets. The other guys were carrying our snacks, drinks, and other things over. Once the blankets were set, I sat down and put on some sunscreen. I took off my see-through white top and untied my pink wrap-on which leaves me only in my white bikini.

As soon as I put on my shades, Clara looks at me and smirks. "What?" I asked.

"Who are you trying to impress, huh?" she mumbled as she takes a sit next to me. She looks up and scans the guys. When her eyes landed on Nash, her smirk grew wider. "I knew it."

"You knew what?" I inquired.

"I've asked Quinn about it but she would always deny it but I know it, Nicole. I always saw it whenever he was around," Clara speaks. She takes off her top then gets up and runs to the ocean water. What did she know?

I frowned but let it go as I laid flat on the blanket. Once I shut my eyes, I felt sands being thrown at me. I groaned before getting up. I took my shades off and looked for that stupid rude person. "Ryland!" I warned. He dares smirk at me. "Is dying on your wish-list or something? I could give it to you right now."

"Can't I have a little fun first?" He shrugs then takes off running towards the water. I groaned once again but before I could sit back down, I felt arms around me, hoisting me up. I looked at the body carrying me then I had the urge to punch him as hard as I can on his back. "No, don't you dare asshole!" I screamed.