Chapter 22

•One Month Later•

Everything has settled down since the day in the field. Nothing too exciting has happened since then, their lives took a normal turn. Everyone had been hanging at Chris and Ann's house for the past week just enjoying everyone's company and being a family again.

"James! Can you get me some water?" Jolene asked from the couch.

"Yeah me too!" Jupiter said from right next to her.

"Yeah coming right up." James said.

"What do you want to watch?" Jupiter asked Jolene.

" I don't know. What do you think we should watch?" Jupiter said.

"I don't know." Jolene responded in defeat.

"Here are your waters." James said handing them the water.

"Thank babe, do you want to watch a show or movie with us?" Jolene asked.

"Sure what do you have in mind?" James said sitting next to Jolene.

"I don't know how about you pick?" Jolene said leaning into james.

"Okay how about we watch Kong: Skull Island." James suggests.

"Sure." Jolene said. They put on the movie and everyone was quiet.

After the movie was over james went to the kitchen to cook up some food.

"Has anything happened between you and josh?" Jolene asked.

"Yes and no." Jupiter said.

"What does that mean?" Jolene asked.

"Well at your wedding we did have a moment you could say. But he hasn't really done anything since." Jupiter said.

"A moment hmm." Jolene said.

"Yeah." Jupiter said. Before Jolene could question her further James said that the food was ready in the kitchen.

"You go ahead I'm going to find josh." Jupiter said. Jolene just wiggles her eyebrows and went towards the kitchen.

Jupiter walked towards the backyard to see if josh was back there. When she opened the door she saw him with his headphones in and chopping wood. She made her way over there but making sure he doesn't see or hear her. Once she got closer she just stood there watching all his muscles move and flex.

"Is there a reason you are just standing there watching me." Josh said.

"Umm.. yeah.. no." Jupiter shuddered out. "There is food ready in the kitchen."

"Okay let's go eat then." Josh said with a grin. He put his hand on her lower back and guided her inside.

"James, what did you make?" Jolene said walking into the kitchen.

"Shrimp." James said. Jolene was about to respond when she ran out of the room.

"James it smells good in here." Josh said.

"Yeah I made shrimp but Jolene just came in here and then ran right back out." James said.

"Oh--" josh was about to say something but then Jupiter ran back out of the kitchen as well.

"Open up!" Jupiter said banging on the bathroom door. Jolene opened the door just to have Jupiter shove her into the wall to make a b-line for the toilet.

"Are you okay?" Jolene asked bending down holding Jupiter's hair for her.

"Yeah I think so. The smell in the kitchen just upset my stomach." Jupiter said.