2 | max

|max pov|

" max honey, wake up! time for school " my mum's irritating, chirpy voice calls, interrupting me from my peaceful sleep.
i wait until she leaves the room before actually getting myself up and out of bed.

i walk over to my wardrobe and pull out a pair of jeans and a hoodie.
i then take myself to the bathroom and lock the door.
i open the cabinet and pull out the orange bottle, twisting the cap before placing a couple pills in my mouth.
they weren't anything strong.
just something to keep the pain away and make me seem more alive in school.
ever since my brother died, life hasn't been easy.
i've been feeling a lot more down and turned to smoking and taking pills, anything i could find really.
it started little, a few unneeded paracetamol a day.
overtime, it got worse. 
i got worse.

" max, hurry up! i need to do my teeth " i hear my brother, leo, call from the other side of the door, his impatience detectable in his tone.
i place the bottle back in the cabinet and unlock the door.
" there, shitface " i snarl, pushing past my brother as he enters the bathroom.
i pace down the stairs and see my mum, dad and sister, tilly, all sat around the kitchen table.
" breakfast, max? " my mum asks.
i grab my backpack and open the front door.
" sorry mum, can't eat, school to get to " i say, slamming the door and starting my walk to school.

" max! " i hear my friend, lucas, shout, as i enter the school gates.
" hey "
" apparently mr buxton got sacked " lucas exclaims, as we make our way into the school building.
" really? sick! " i reply.
mr buxton was the definition of the worst teacher ever.
because of that, me and lucas always gave him a hard time and ratted him out to the head teacher.
him getting sacked was just the thing i needed to get through the day.

all of a sudden, my body collides with another, causing me to stumble backwards.
" watch where you're going, freak! " i yell, as i look up and see no other than sadie stevens.
" sorry " she mutters, not daring to make eye contact, before walking straight past me.
i scoff as i watch her enter the classroom next to us.
sadie is the literal nobody of the school.
she has no friends and no one really likes her.
last year, rumours went round that she was homeless.
marc knowles saw her rummaging through the trash outside of school.
now, people won't be caught dead talking to her.

" okay, listen up! the school has decided to take a stand against the divide in this school. you all have your own groups and us teacher have no idea why you can't all just get along. so we've set up the anonymous chat room. you're going to fill in some details on the sheets being passed around and then later tonight you'll be paired with someone anonymously. you won't know them and they won't know you. you'll talk to them and then in the near future, their identity will be revealed " miss lunt explains, as a sheet of paper lands on my desk.
" what is this, some dating website " i whisper to lucas, reading some of the questions.
" better than doing math " he replies and picks up his pencil.
i do the same and then take a look at question one.

name?
max mills

well that was easy.

age?
15

hobbies?
who has hobbies these days

likes?
-

dislikes?
whatever this anonymous bullshit is

address?
swear you have it in files already dumbasses

how would you describe yourself?
this is math class, not english

how do you think others see you?
i'm not a mind reader

what type of people do you interact best with?
they gotta be hot

i continue down the list, each question getting dumber as i continue.
as soon as the bell rings, i slam my pencil against the desk and walk out of the classroom.

•••
OKAY THIS STORY HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR AGES N IM ON LIKE CHAPTER 32 CURRENTLY AND I COME BACK TO UPDATE THE FIRST FEW AND SEE THIS CHAPTER WAS BLANK
LIKE TF
SO I JUST RE WROTE IT N ITS AWFUL HA KMS
but
hope you're enjoying :)
- amelia