To Dawnstar

I pack a few apples as my daughters Lucia, and her adopted sister Sofie comes racing into my room. "Mama are you leaving?..." my heart breaks a little as I turn to Sofie "Yes dear. I've asked Lydia to come, and tend to you two while I'm out. All my money is in the chest in my room take only what you need. Do I make myself clear?" They nod their heads as I pack the rest of my arrows, and bows.  "Where are you going ma? Are you taking CuSith with you?"

I shake my head, CuSith is a Death Hound I acquired from Castle Volkihar. I had made friends with the vampires who lived there. Serana had been my companion for a short time, before settling back into her castle. "Sofie.. You've got so much to learn..." I think to myself. I had adopted Sofie after coming back from slaying the last Dragon in Skyrim. I shudder at the thought, of the massive black and gold dragon.

Turning to the girls I tell them to go play outside. I head out into the village of Whiterun behind them. "I'll check up on the brotherhood," I softly whisper to myself, I walk left past the Warmaiden's on my way to the city gate. Pushing through the gates I follow down the cobblestone path towards the main road. I come to the stream that flows through the wall, and down the rocky hillside. It's smell sends be back to my youth hunting near a brook near my mother's house. I run into theWhiterun Stables a short ways from the stream. There Shadowmere is waiting, using his massive hoof to paw at the Earth impatient to get traveling again. I climb onto the massive dark stallion, continuing towards the main road.

Coming to the fork in the road I turn left towards Winterhold. Going past the farms scattered around Whiterun I stop to admire the beauty of the river running along side the road as I near the old stone bridges. I turn left heading north towrds Dawnstar. Riding on the stone dirt path the mountain views keeping me company as Red Foxes, Elk, and Deer run across the trails darting in, and out of the foliage. The lush dark green grass of Skyrim producing a sweet smell as I walk shadowmere along. Coming to a split in the road I keep heading North. I coming across the Whitewatch Tower. The stone building towers over me as I jump off Shadowmere to explore.

Walking up the worn dirt path. The tower isn't much to behold apart from the the arch way which is decorated with beautiful carved Dragons. I only find a few apples, and 77 gold Septims. I jump back onto my horse, and trot down the road. As I reach the northern part of Skyrim the beautiful green begins to be covered in snow. Coming to a split I go straight towards Dawnstar, and towards the Dawnstar Sanctuary where The Dark Brotherhood lives. A group of well trained assisans, we treat eachother like family. Another fork in the road, and I turn left, "how many left turns can I take on one trip?" I laugh as I continue on. The snow, and rocks crunch under Shadowmeres weight. A rush of chills runs down my spine in the bitter weather, "Astrid.. had you not been a traitor we wouldn't have had to move to this bitter cold waste land!" I yell startling some nestling birds they chirp in alarm as they go a new tree. Staying on the worn path the sun starts to set in the valley. The white pine trees seem to glow, as the daylight is slowly fading. I stop for a few minutes to enjoy the view.

As I prepare to keep moving a frost spider jumps on Shadowmere. I quickly jump off plunging my Dawnbreaker sword into it mulitpule times until I no longer here it hissing. I collect it's vemon, and continue on. Walking along another dirt path branches off I'm tempted to explore, but need to keep with my plan. My path leads me through Fort Dunstad. A fort controlled by the Legion. I collect a few minor potions before heading on my way. The wind, and soft orange glow make me long for my soft warm bed, and a fire back in Whiterun. The sun still setting I continue forth a long my path past Red Road Pass a giants camp. It's oddly quiet, and empty. I kick Shadowmere into a gallop rest rest of the way until I'm in town.

Upon arriving I find the town in a panic, and a dead Snowy Saber Cat dead outside of Windpeak Inn by the fence. It's beautiful white fur red with it's own blood. "Guards must have killed her," I grumble leaving Shadowmere by the entrance to town. Turning around I head right into the heart of town. The sun has now fully set Skyrims beautiful red moon hangs low in the sky. The lights in the Sky dance beautiful shades of blue, purple, and green. I head right upon coming to the pond in the middle of the city. I follow the edge of the lake until I find the entrance to the Sanctuary snow has begun to fall in a harsh blizzard.

I head down the stairs, and mind Cicero tending to the Nightmother. "Let's kill someone!" He says as I approach, "No Cicero. I'm here to check on how things are going," I say apprehensive still to talk to the weirdo Jester who I still do not fully trust. "Cicero can assure the listener that everything is fine."

I back away to find Babette an 11 year old vampire whos much older then me. "Aaahh Babette. My girl. I'm afraid I no longer need your assistance in my alchemy." She nod her head proud to have taught me everything I know. I walk around lost for a short while, before finding Nazir. "Why am I not surprised to learn Cicero is alive? Still can't stomach the little clown, but if you welcomed him here then I won't question it," I smile "anymore contracts?" He shakes his head "You've taken all the jobs I had, before you were chosen by the Nightmother."

I nod my head. "How are our... initiates doing?" Nazir smiles, "They have a strong passion for killing. Smart, quiet, and most importantly leathel." He laughs, "they're Excellent!"