Never Judge A Book By It's Cover

Welcome my lovelies! First chapter of the story and I hope you guys like it! Comment and vote for the next chapter!!!

Day that most people hate but I love. Monday. I, Sherry Lycan, love Monday. It's just another day of being a detective on the Cherrywood Police Force in Phoenix, Arizona. You never know what's going to happen. As I'm walking into the precinct, I hear my other fellow police officers and detectives say hi. I go to my desk and I see a cup of tea being put on my desk by no other then my partner.

Blake Blood.

Being partners for two years, we've become very close. I have no family since my parents have died and I am an only child. So my fellow officers have become my family. Especially Blake. We know eachother like the back of our hands. I look up to him with a smile, "Thank you Blood.", him returning the smile with his signature smirk.

"Of course Wolf. I know you can't function without your morning tea. By the way, captain wants to see us.", with that said he turned around to walk into the captain's office, our captain being Tyler Jones. One of the most well known and respected captain's in the precincts around the state. With a sigh, I followed him with the tea warming my hands.

Why he called me wolf? My last name being Lycan, everyone decided to call me wolf as a joke when I first started but it stuck. Closing the door of the office, we both sat down and waited for our captain to talk. It didn't take long. "Look you two. We have a man who has been killing people with a sniper rifle on rooftops. IAB is all over me with getting this man in custody. You two are getting this case. Now get going. We don't want anymore bodies on our hands. Dismissed.", and with that said, both my partner and I went to get going.

I couldn't wait. Get another perp off the street. Make everything safe. But, we always have people to go after. So our job is never done. It's always an exciting job because you never know what comes next.

Blake and I got the files on everything that crime scene and cops have gotten from the crime scenes and victims. All the evidence in our files. Along with files on everyone that was sadly shot. With Blake driving, I realized that it all looked like it was just random shootings. A doctor,  two lawyers, and babysitter. Neither of these people didn't seem to have anything in common with each other. Hmm.

Blake looked over to see me in deep thought. "What's going on in that head of yours Wolf? I can see smoke coming out of your ears.", I gave him a quick glare and continued to look over the files. Seeing one name in common with every single victim.

Alan Porter. Our first lead.

I gave him a smile knowing we had to go talk to this person. Whipping out my phone I called our computer genius. Jet Collins. But everyone called him Sneak, since he could figure out everything of a person within seconds. "Wolf, what's up? Who do I have to sneak up on and what do you need with this person?", as you can see you can understand why we call him Sneak.

With Blake glancing at me, he knew I was up to something. "Look, I need you to get me everything on a man named, Alan Porter. He has something in common with everyone who was shot by that sniper who's been trolling around. ASAP Sneak. ASAP.", never had I ever had a early lead like this in any case. It was something that made me giddy like a school girl. This man just made it easy. We might crack the sniper case yet!

My partner was curious but he obviously got everything he needed to know just by my phone call. "What are you thinking? I have a guess. You think that he has something to do with this because everyone around him is dying?", I gave a quick nod and waited to get the call from Sneak. He knew everything I was going to say just like I knew that about him.

Its been an awkward few days between us, well mostly between me. We had kissed and we both know that we had feelings for eachother. But we are partners. We work together. We couldn't have anything going on between is besides just work. I've been pretty much silent since that kiss.

Hearing my cell phone I picked it up instantly. I didn't have time to say hi because Sneak started to talk as soon as I picked up. "Look Wolf, I already sent you his home and work addresses to your and Blake's phone. But, here's the interesting part. He lost his kid, a four son named William, when his babysitter fell asleep while he was taking a bath. He drowned. His wife, Victoria, left him soon after add that their lawyer was unexperienced and lost the case of their son drowning. So the babysitter got off scott free. His wife now lives in New York. The lawyers that were shot was the ones from the trial and the babysitter was their babysitter. Now, the doctor, he was the one that couldn't resesitate their son.  Go talk to this Alan. He was in the army, came back with a purple heart. Apparently he didn't come back the same. There are a few domestic disturbances, but no arrests were made. Be careful out there guys.", and with that he hung up the phone.

I put his home address into the GPS in the car and we were off. I explained everything to Blake and he grunted in response. Ten minutes out. " I don't know about this Alan Porter. We need to be careful when we get to his house. He seems to have some issues after he came back from Afghanistan. I got your back and I know you have mine.", Blake looked at me and did a victory smile since I had talked, especially to him. I could only smile and shake my head. My partner.

~~~

We pulled up his simple two story house. The grass was brown from being leglected. The car was in the driveway so apparently he was home. While we were walking up, I got a bad feeling in my stomach. I put my hand on Blake's shoulder. He knew instantly what I was feeling. He nodded, letting me know he felt the same way. Knocking on the door, we waited for him to come to the door. Hearing a commotion inside, he answered the door in a robe with a bottle of Whiskey in his hand. Obviously a heavy drinker. "Hello Mr. Porter. I'm Detective Lycan and next to me is Detective Blood. Can we please come inside? We'd like to ask you a few questions about the recent shootings if that's alright.", what happened next was something I didn't expect. At all.

Slamming the door in our faces, we knocked again but it wasn't seconds later when we heard a gunshot and a sharp pain shot through my left arm. We both took cover while Blake was on his radio letting everyone know that we needed to have back up and fast. He looked over to me to see if im okay and I nodded quickly. "Mr. Porter, please put the gun away! We can talk about this!", he obviously didn't want to negotiate and kept shooting through the door.

Never a dull day with this job!

Well ladies and gentlemen! Please tell me how you thought the first chapter was! Vote and comment my lovelies!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️