Chapter 2

IRFAN

What's this doctor saying, I mean what has gotten into me, what have I gotten myself into, why did I have to rush this my stupid mouth in answering his question.
"Sir" he called me out of my day dream.
"Yes, I mean can I see her" I requested.
"Why of course you can, she'll be waking up in any minute from now" the doctor replied.
He walked me to the room with my mom trailing behind us.
There she was, sleeping peacefully as if nothing is wrong with her, not that there's something wrong with her.

So we've been waiting for her to wake up for at least forever now, and mom looked tired so I decided to take her home. With her being reluctant, I persuaded till she gave in, with the saying that she'll be back first thing in the morning with food.
I took her home, upon entering the house, my son ran to me
"papa, papa... I missed you so much, where have you been? I came back from school early today you know. I was waiting patiently for you, hoping you didn't forget about our plans for today, but is as if i am the only one that remembered" he said pouting his lips trying to cry.
"ok how about this? granny will take you out tomorrow since it's a Saturday and we'll meet there ok?" I asked him knowing for sure that his answer is a yes.
"ok papa" he said like a grown up, when he's just 4 years old.
I tuck him to bed, and read him his bed time story not forgetting to sing Eminem's 'Mockin Bird' chorus before he was finally asleep and then I left for the hospital.
I branched to a near by restaurant, bought some food and quickly went to the hospital. Even after my arrival, I waited for half an hour before she's finally awake.
She moved her eyes in circles looking round the room. I noticed she was about to stand up so I quickly went to her and told her there's nothing to worry about.
She looked afraid, so I told her to calm down.
"don't worry you're safe now there's no need to panic or something" with that she let out a breath of relief.
I brought out the food and served, her pleading with her to eat, until she gave in.

Maryam

I took the plate and started digging in, after all I am hungry and I feel so exhausted and terrible.
After the silence of like forever, he decided to break the silence with apologizing 4 all that he had put me through.
He explained how the accident happened and how he wasn't paying attention to his driving.
"I'm sorry again for your loss." He stated more like a whisper but loud enough for me to hear.
I almost chocked, but quickly drank the water on the beside drawer.
"loss? " I asked him confused
" Yes the doctor said it was a 50/50 chance of survival, either you or your baby, and since there's a possibility of you giving birth again, he removed the baby instead." he explainend calmly
"ohhh" was all I could say but deep down I was thinking, so I was pregnant ohh I would have love to see my baby, what would he look like, who the baby would look like. The thought of it made sad.
"are you still confused, or are you not married?" his question brought me back to reality.
A sad expression took over my face I remembered my past, I couldn't help but cry.
"I'm sorry really, I didn't mean to upset you or anything like that, I'm sorry really, please accept my apology" he said being sincere.

Here's yet another chapter!! I hope u enjoy every bit of it🙌🙌.
It might be short but I hope u find it interesting.😇
U can vote and also comment if u wish to express ur thought abt d story. 😘😘
Tanchu oll