Hotel Rooms

"Come on in," Hayley says, stepping aside for Josh. He walks in, looking around the room. 

"Nice room, surprisingly different compared to ours," Josh says, his voice slowly dying out. 

"Oh really? How so?" Hayley responds, desperate to talk about something with him.

"Oh you know, different art, one big bed, stuff like that. Our bathroom is on the opposite side of the door too." Josh says, continuing to walk through the room, not making eye contact with Hayley.

"So, why did you come in here in the first place? I doubt you really wanted to see the differences between the two rooms." Hayley asks, trying to figure out what Josh was doing in her room. 

"I don't know. I guess the plane ride peaked my interest. I heard your conversation with Tyler and I guess it made me want to get to know you even better. You seem pretty cool." Josh says cautiously. 

"Thanks, I'm flattered. To be honest, I really wanted to talk to you, but you were listening so intently to your music that I didn't want to distract you. I felt I would be interrupting." 

Hayley then sat down on the bed, forced to look at Josh's back while he stared out the window. 

"No, I'm so sorry that you felt that way. I'm just really shy before I get comfortable with someone. I didn't mean to make you think that. I would like to get to know you and spend some time with you. I've always dreamed of getting to know you. I've been a huge Paramore fan for years." Josh said, turning around to face her. 

He then walks towards her and sits next to her on the bed. 

"Damn, this thing is so comfy. Gotta soak this up before being stuck in a van for the tour." Josh says, laying down now.

"Wait, y'all are still in a van? That's absurd. You're signed to a label, you should be in a bus like the rest of us." Hayley said, turning around to him in shock.

Josh shrugged in response. 

"Yeah, definitely absorb this comfort. But to be honest, the bunks in the bus aren't that great either. I'd love an air mattress over them." Hayley said, before laying down next to Josh on the bus. 

"So Josh, since you got to hear all about me on the plane, now it's your turn to talk about yourself." Hayley prods Josh to finally open up.

"Ok, what would you like to know?" Josh asks.

"What's your family like? How many siblings do you have? Where even do you live?" Hayley goes on and on. 

"Well I'm the oldest of four kids. I have two sisters, Ashley and Abby, and a brother Jordan. My parents are absolutely amazing. My mom is a sweetheart. And I'm from Columbus, Ohio." Josh replies. 

They spend the rest of the night getting to know each other until they both fall asleep.