twenty-one

"There's an open spot." I said, pointing to the closest open area to the house.

Rachel pulled in the empty space and parked the car.

We stepped out of the car. I took out my phone and looked at my reflection once more as Rachel locked the car and set the alarm.

Rachel and I looked at each other before walking through the door. What we saw was exactly what we were expecting.

* * *

I was standing on the kitchen eating out of a bowl of plain potato chips. I lost Rachel somewhere about half an hour ago and I was starting to worry. There weren't many people in the kitchen. Just about 4 guys and 4 girls. All of them were making out so no one really acknowledged that I was in there.

I looked at my phone and saw that there were no new messages. I then messaged Rachel again for the 74th time in a row.

What could she possibly be doing?

I decided to just go looking for her. Walking into the living room, there were about 50 couples making out and about 20 more people dancing, being wild, and grinding on each other.

The music was so loud, it was  shaking the entire house, the lights were trippy, and the people made me uncomfortable. I looked in every direction.

Walking through the crowd of the grinding people, someone grabbed my arm and jerked me back. I turned to see a blonde girl grinding with a guy who had his face turned. She looked familiar but I couldn't exactly think of where I saw her face before.

"Join the party." She laughed out. Her breath smelled strong of alcohol.

"No, thanks." I said, fanning her breath out of my face. "And eat some peanuts, maybe it'll get rid of that smell." I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away.

Before I could take two steps, I heard her say, "Don't tell me what to do." Then grabbed my hair and pulled me back.

I turned around quicker than the speed of light, my mouth hung open. Without thinking, my fist clenched and collided with her mouth like there was some kind of magnetic field pulling them together.

She fell to the floor, her mouth covered in blood. I stared down at her for a second, then quickly glanced up at everyone surrounding her. The first person I saw was standing right in front of me. The guy who was grinding on her was right there.

That guy was no other than the Cashier Boy, Jack.

He looked at me in shock and I looked at him in disgust.

Before either of us could say anything, I sprinted off. Up the stairs. I want to leave. I want to leave now but I can't drive and I can't find Rachel. I opened the door to a room in which I didn't know what it consisted of.

There was only one couple in the room, thankfully. There was a guy sitting in on the bed, the girl in his lap. They were making out, obviously.

"Don't mind me I'm just here looking for my friend. It doesn't look like she's in here. Sorry to bother you." I told them.

They continued making out as if they hadn't even heard me.

As I was getting ready to walk out the door, they pulled away and I heard them laughing together.

I recognized that laugh. I turned. I recognized that dress. I got closer. I recognized that face.

"Rachel! What are you doing? Who is this and.... why do you smell like alcohol? How am I gonna get home."

"Oh hey Aaaaaaamy!" She giggled out and stroked my chin. I grabbed her hand and jerked her off of the guy, then slung her arm over my shoulder to keep her steady.

"Oh, I can drive I'm not drunk." She said, then tripped, but I caught her.

"You're not driving." I told her.

I looked up at the guy. "Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Mikey." He replied.

"Mikey?" I asked examining his face. "Haven't I met you before?"

"No? Who are you?"

"Wait, you're friends with Jack." I said.

"Yeah? How do you know Jack?" He asked.

"Oh, uh- That's not important. Let's go, Rachel." I said, attempting to drag her away.

"I gotta peeeee." Rachel complained. I sighed. "I can go by myself." She jerked away from me and stumbled a couple feet away. "Wait for me here." I nodded and she stumbled out of the room and down the hall. I was left alone with Mikey. He had a pretty nice face but I didn't want anything to do with him. If Rachel dates him, then that means we'd have to spend time with that one guy.

"Get lost, mate." I told him.

"But why love?" He asked, standing up and moving close to me.

"I said get lost, dude. Back up, leave. How many times do I have to ask?" I shoved him backwards.

"Mikey, mate, leave her alone." I heard a voice coming from the door.

As I turned, my heart was beating. I knew exactly who was standing there.

* * *

A/N: SHORT CHAPTER I'M SORRY ASDFGHJKL

But yeah, it's pretty obvious who's at the door.... or is it? (:

Thank you for all your support I log you so much you beautiful bunch. <3

Much love 💚